“Beware of DIrty Dark Hotel”

Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock
Ranked #35 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Hotel was dirty, Promised 2 queens, given 2 fulls. No refidge or microwave in room as promised. Carpets dirty and rooms lacked light.Rooms smelled and looked like they had not been cleaned in a long time. Had no where else to go or we would have left. Staff very put out to have to help. The only positive was the breakfast. Pool area was not clean and paint peeling off of pool. Son left with bites on legs from sleeping in bed....beware.....Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Room Tip: Do not stay here...waste of money
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tamih70
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn & Conference Center Lubbock

Reviewed May 11, 2012

When we pulled into the parking lot it was all we could do to enter the hotel. The windows were filthy, the curtains and blinds broken and falling down. The parking lot needed to be resurfaced.

The lobby has a pool in it and because of the humidity from that the lobby smells. There is also smoking allowed so the smoke smell mixes in with the pool and humidity.

The room was recently remodeled. The bathroom was new and the room itself was fine.

Breakfast was the usual hotel fare. Cold hard boiled eggs, toast, coffee, biscuits and gravy, juice, and cereal.

I did talk to the gal that checked me out and she indicated that they are working on refurbishing the hotel. Hope they do something with the outside appearance soon. I'm quite certain that no one would just stop in for a room with it looking the way it does.

Room Tip: We asked to see the room before we registered. I don't know if that is why we got a newly refur...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This is a large old hotel but the room is clean and comfortable, equipped with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer and ironing equipment. It is located just next on a highway, there is nothing within walking distance. But there are many restaurants and marts within 5 minute drive of the hotel. And downtown Lubbock is about 10min drive away. Breakfast is included in the price.
The hotel has an indoor pool, some rooms with windows facing the inner courtyard may find it noisy.
Overall, this place is a good value for money but I would not recommend this for anybody without a car.

Room Tip: ask for rooms with windows facing the outside, not the inner courtyard
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2012

First of all when we checked inn we were given a smoking room I have a small child and have never smoked...They could not give me another room because they were booked (so was the whole city)..they could not give me a reason why I was given a smoking room when I didn't request one...the smell was horrible I bought Lysol only made it worst! I had a horrible headache! The beds were old and very uncomfortable! The rooms are very dim makes u wonder what they are hiding and the bathrooms were pretty worn. I requested extra towels and was ignored until I called 2 hrs later and they were brought...I will never stay here again and for $90 what a rip off! If I had to say anything positive it would be that the lobby and pool were nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank J R
Reviewed March 29, 2012

It's an older property, but well maintained, and provides good value for the price. Staff has been friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast is pretty good, and the service is friendly. Nice indoor pool.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My mother rented suite for $200 w hot tub and two beds she walks in and they tell her sorry hot tub does not work they gave her $20 off wow $20 ....then she walks in the room only one king size bed also freaking fridge does not work ....she walks back down and they said sorry she was so pissed and they gave her two pull out beds and replaced the fridge ....dont stay here they didnt tell her about hot tub til she got here after reserving it in advance!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My wife and I travel full time and upon entering Lubbock was not sure where we should stay. We have family in the area and circumstances kept us from being able to stay with them. We had to make a last minute decission. Prayerfully we chose to check out the Red Roof Inn and boy was it the right choice. The entire Staff was very cordial and exstreemly helpful throughout our 10 night stay. I would like to thank each one personally but I know I would leave someone out. Thanks to the manager, Shelly and the entire office and desk staff, to Tyrone and the other housekeeping staff and a special thanks to Virginia who took good care of us at breakfast time. Again, THANK YOU ALL for a wonderful experience!

Sincerelly,