“Very Nice, No Headache from Heavy Chemical Odors”

Ashmore Inn and Suites
Ranked #31 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed November 23, 2013

WE stayed here on our way to shop for a house in Oregon.........I called in advance to check and see if they use the heavy masking chemical deodorizers.....they didn't...excpet in the hallways.
The rooms were large and updated......the place is an old Sheraton.

The front desk was super friendly and helpful, they have a deal when you check-in for a $5 all you can eat hot breakfast buffet....which my husband realy liked!!! The breakfast had a lot of choices and it was real food, not prepackaged, pwedered eggs or frozen rounds. A really good deal for $5.

It was not right on the highway, but we don't care if it is clean, no headaches and a friendly staff!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was kept awake most of the night of the 8th and morning of the 9th because the heating and air unit in the room was making extremely loud noises (rattling). I called the front desk to complain and was told there was nothing they could do because there was no maintenance on site. I should not have to stay up all night because of poor maintenance of their facilities. Further the attitude of the person who was working the front desk was anything but helpful and courteous.

The room I was originally placed in was dirty and needed to be vacuumed as was the second room I was placed in.

I wasted over $227 a night to stay in sub par accommodations when the for $2 more a night I could have stayed at the Courtyard in almost the same location.

Room Tip: Book at the Courtyard or Hampton Inn they almost share a parking lot.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank RedRaiderDG
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Used to be one of Lubbock's greatest hotels for location, value, etc. In need of TLC -- bathroom grout needs immediate attention. Grounds need MUCH TLC --- all looking really tired and worn down. Front Desk check-in and check-out GREAT. Very nice lady in the breakfast room each morning and nice bar tender in the evenings. Offerings could be a little more varied at both places.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn C
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My mom and I recently took a girls trip to Lubbock to attend a concert. We had to book a hotel only a few weeks out and nearly everything was booked. We read reviews and found a vacancy at the decently reviewed Ashmore Inn. We were very pleasantly surprised--seeing as this was one of the few places with openings available. The staff was very nice, and check in was quick and easy. Our room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. The only complaint I have is that we had no hot water in our shower, but foregoing a shower was not a huge issue for us seeing as all we were doing that morning was driving home. Also there was no elevator, but like I always say regarding this matter, I should really take the stairs:). The free continental breakfast was nice, with several hot options. I would definitely stay here again on a quick one night stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Erika P
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed September 20-21st 2013 - I was willing to overlook the fact that this property didn't have an elevator but things went down hill from there. The property claims it is a no smoking facility, but the 1st room (#207) we received was a room that had been a smoking room. The minute we walked in we could smell the smoke saturating the room, asked to be moved, I was assured the room wasn't and had been a non-smoking room and because they were booked they wouldn't move us, but offered to spay freshener and air the room, I agreed. Didn't work, called the front desk the next day, they weren't really willing to help the situation. In the end we changed room to across the hall (#208), the room had not been smoked in, but the walls had something on them behind the TV, hmmm I wonder?
Besides this the hotel needs to be updated, between the rooms the shower head spayed in one stream, our shower curtain was too short for the tub, the towels were frayed and thin, We asked for extra blanket and were embarrassed at the condition! the internet service did not work in the rooms, it was usable in the hotel lobby though! The outlets were few and far between for the two of us, we didn't have enough outlets to charge the normal amount of electronic devices.
To make matters worse I contacted the assistant manager Saturday night with the issue of the room smoke, and as of today, Wednesday, September 25, 2013. I have not heard of word.

The only bright shining light was the wonderful lady who helped with the complementary Breakfast the hotel provided. I won't begin to complain about this as well.

Regardless of the reason you are thinking of staying here choose another place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank dlinda2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Excellent experience. Most comfortable bed I've slept in in a very long time! Good breakfast. It was quiet. Never heard the shower run above us. Quiet halls. Came with a refrigerator. Overall, excellent!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

stayed here for TTU family weekend 2013, payed $250 per night. (1) Airconditioning did not work first night- requested it fixed. It worked for a while then stopped again on the second night. (2) clogged drain in shower. (3) used kleenex stuffed back into kleenex box. (4) rumpled carpet needed re-stretching in hall. (5) elevator makes noises like it is about explode. (6) complementary breakfast has yellow egg-like foam disks and bacon so thin you can see through it. MRE's are better than this. (7) we found a dead bug in our room. (8) key cards don't work

A tent in a KOA campground would be better than than the AshLESS Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family