“Excellent Stay”

Ashmore Inn and Suites
Ranked #32 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Excellent experience. Most comfortable bed I've slept in in a very long time! Good breakfast. It was quiet. Never heard the shower run above us. Quiet halls. Came with a refrigerator. Overall, excellent!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 23, 2013

stayed here for TTU family weekend 2013, payed $250 per night. (1) Airconditioning did not work first night- requested it fixed. It worked for a while then stopped again on the second night. (2) clogged drain in shower. (3) used kleenex stuffed back into kleenex box. (4) rumpled carpet needed re-stretching in hall. (5) elevator makes noises like it is about explode. (6) complementary breakfast has yellow egg-like foam disks and bacon so thin you can see through it. MRE's are better than this. (7) we found a dead bug in our room. (8) key cards don't work

A tent in a KOA campground would be better than than the AshLESS Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ElGranPoste
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Checked in for TTU family weekend. Facilities VERY outdated. Key card spotty at best- frustrating when you are trying to get into building. According to website, they have a breakfast. Staff offered no details on that when I checked or even where the elevator is. Stuck here because hotels are sold out this weekend. We are here for 2 nights. I am not happy.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else- anywhere!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nmwh
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Because of a knee injury, I needed a room on the first floor. I did not request this when I made my reservation three weeks before my arrival date. I called when I was about 45 minutes from the hotel to make the request. I spoke to Samantha at the front desk. The hotel was totally full and they had assigned me a room on the second floor and they did not have any available rooms left on the first floor. The hotel does not have an elevator. I hung up and began to try to figure out where to go to get a room. I did not know what to do! Unbeknownst to me Samantha and the manager, Steve, made the necessary changes to allow my staying in a room on the first floor, without my asking!!! They actually helped me avoid spending a lot of time that night driving around Lubbock at night looking for a hotel room with an elevator, or on the first floor. I cannot thank them enough!! I travel for a living and I have NEVER had a hotel go to such lengths to help me! They went beyond the "call of duty" as far as I am concerned. I highly recommend this hotel!! This is just ONE reason why I would recommend it! It is definitely a "5"!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The location is very well placed for doing just about everything you would want to do in Lubbock, and there is no lack of eateries within walking distance, I counted 4 and there is a walmart pretty close. The room I had was more than adequate, the only thing I really didn't like about it was the AC took forever to cool off the room (from 5pm to about 2 am). This was also a 3rd floor room but it wasn't a very hot day. The cocktail hour was very welcomed, the spa was very relaxing but could use some pot lighting but I do like it is enclosed and accessible through the main building. The breakfast was great, good hot coffee and the usual hot and cold breakfast items. I will def be staying here again for business and pleasure. Also dont forget if you stay at ashmore fequently they do have a rewards punch card that you can earn a free stay, and leave a business card for another possible free stay.

Room Tip: Book early as this place fills up quickly, especially around game days (Texas Tech) and they do have...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Three things my wife wants from a hotel, clean, not smelling like smoke and nice and cold. Had all three. Not the newest place in town, but for the money it was great. I just needed a place to sleep and shower. I got more that I though I would.
Great place to stay for a few days while out of town. Everyone that worked there was very nice and
Friendly.
There is a mall across the highway, any restaurant with in 5 min's

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here a couple of years ago and should have made the time to write this review then but didn't. Wrote first, unrelated review earlier today and immediately recalled the need to repay Ashmore's extreme unkindness from what will be my last stay there. Management allowed a bus engine to run all night outside a section of the hotel and refused to repeated, polite requests to move the bus, move us or force the owner of the bus to turn off the engine. Front desk refused refund request after night of no sleep and the following week the manager was curt and uncooperative by phone when politely asked for refund. Avoid the attitude - stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple