“Good value for very nice place!”

Ashmore Inn and Suites
Ranked #31 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Very nice room at a reasonable price. Quiet, with a hot breakfast included. Staff was friendly and helpful. Within walking distance to a couple of chain restaurants. I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed September 24, 2011

The only drawback I see is that there is noelevator to take your bags up to the second floor. It was fine for us but if you have a mobility issue, I would call first to ask if they can guaranty a first floor room.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I booked an overnight stay for Sep 23-24, 2011. The location was excellent and easy to find! We were greeted by the friendliest, most considerate staff at the front desk. Check-in was smooth and very quick. I had reserved a Non Smoking/Deluxe Studio Suite/1 King/. When we arrived in the room the first thing I noticed was the bed was not a King but a Queen-sized bed. Since it was getting late and we were on our way to a football game that had already begun, I just let it go and figured my granddaughter and I could make it work.

When we returned from the game and got ready for bed, lying down on the not-so-king sized bed was like lying on a sheet of ply board. It was hard as a rock, but again, we were just too tired to make a fuss and wanted some sleep. I'm still hurting in my back from the bed as I write this review, with an added crick in my neck from the night's sleep.

I think our getting this particular room was just a fluke and don't want it to discourage anyone from staying at the Ashmore. The room was very clean and neat and everything you needed was right there. The layout of this particular room was a bit odd: you walked in and there was a sofa sleeper at the doorway to the right; across was a small kitchenette with fridge, microwave, sink, 2 electric burners and an assortment of dishes was available in the cabinets. Walking further into the room a large TV (not a flat screen, but we didn't come to Lubbock to watch television) was on the left just across from the "King-sized bed, which was actually a queen. A large open closet area was behind the television with the sink & mirror placed in the cubby. On the far side of the bed there was another table like the one in the kitchen area and across from it was a huge bathroom that was larger than the kitchenette area. However, no mirror was in the actual bathroom so you had to go out the bathroom door around to the sink near the closet area for anything you'd need a mirror for. The bath/shower was clean, had an adjustable shower head (both up & down ability as well as water flow features).

There was no funky smell in the room, but we did have to turn on the air conditioning to cool the room initially. No noise during the night (at least none that I heard) even though our room was backed up to the stairwell. This extended stay room was in the separate building and they did have an elevator for access to the other floors. There was a wonderful crushed ice machine in the corridor near the elevator which made it very accessible. The outer building doors were a bit heavy and bulky to open while using your keycard.

The breakfast bar seemed to have a bit of everything you would want for breakfast as well as complimentary newspapers - I just needed coffee, which was excellent. The breakfast bar hostess was extremely helpful & very friendly!

Checking out was just as easy as checking in the night before. Very friendly & courteous employees!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Everything I came across and noticed was fine, not bad anyways. But the complementary breakfast was best of all that tested really delicious. Additionally I found that staff very friendly and helpful. I requested them to change the bed sheet as I got it wet because of wet towel by mistake which they responded quickly. The bed was comfortable and big enough that went well with the size of room. Reviewing on the basis of facilities, I would call it a bit more than average. Making a comparison with the price I paid, Ashmore Inn was not a bad choice at all. I may recommended it if I am asked ever.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I should have followed my gut feeling about this crappy hotel! The first night I truly knew my family was in for a horrible experience we would never forget! The pull out turned out to be a twin size even though I was told it was a full size pull out couch. After speaking to David, he was of absoulte NO help at all and didn't act interested in accomidating my family. The next day, after a full day of school shopping and finally dinner, we were ready to call it a night. We opened the door to our room and it was BLISTERING HOT! We knew it would be morning before this room could cool down! We called the front desk, and who might you think was there? Non other than David himself! David was so unprofessional to the extent of traumatizing our children ! We checked out immediately and WE WILL NEVER RETURN!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Ronals T
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Clean room, but it felt totally uninhabited. The desk staff was ok, but the one maid we saw was kinda rude. Bed was very comfortable, but room took a long time to cool down. The AC wasn't on and it was 100 degrees outside when we got there. It was ok for the money, but I guess I just expected more. They offered breakfast but we didn't eat so I can't rate that.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. Hopefully those are better.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We have been coming here for years and have always had good experiences. The staff is friendly great check in/out, if you don't want maid service use the "Do Not Disturb" sign. I love their breakfast, it is unusually vast for a hotel in this price range. I did see a lot of people this year that were confused about where to check in. There are two buildings, you come to the extended stay building first, but you check in at the main building which is right in front of you and has the covered drive where you park while you check in.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family