“In town for a Tech football game and a concert”

Woodrow House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Lubbock B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed in the honeymoon suite for one night, and it was incredible. I got the room as a surprise for my boyfriend after a horrible stay at a motel 6 in Lubbock the previous night. The previous night was a game night, and hotels rates in Lubbock skyrocket because everything gets booked up for the game. Anyway, I have done a lot of traveling/vacationing in my life and can honestly say that this was the best stay out of anywhere I have ever been in my life. The staff was amazing. The bed was the most comfortable bed that either of us had ever slept on. The breakfast was great. The whirlpool in the bathroom is so relaxing. Hands down, this is the place to stay in Lubbock for any occasion. We have thought about going back to Lubbock just to stay in this B&B again. We were so relaxed from how awesome the accommodations were, that we nearly decided to skip the concert that we traveled to Lubbock for in the first place in favor of staying in the room and enjoying the whirlpool, huge TV, and amazing bed. We will definitely be booking any stay in Lubbock at the Woodrow House in the future. I had no idea that Lubbock, TX could be so relaxing.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is our favorite place to stay in Lubbock when we visit our daughter that is attending Texas Tech. It is right across the street from the campus. Dawn and David always make us feel so welcome. The staff are so nice and helpful. We love the awesome homemade breakfasts that Dawn makes each morning. We highly recommend Woodrow House as the place to stay when visiting Lubbock.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My hubby and I flew into Lubbock to spend a few days with our son. We didn't want to rent a car, so we wanted to stay somewhere close to the Tx Tech campus as well as restaurants and shopping. The Woodrow House fit the bill perfectly. It's a beautiful large home specifically built to be a B&B. It's across the st from Tech and there is plenty of shopping and restaurants a block or so away.

They were very friendly and allowed us to check in a little early and a little late to match our flight schedule.

Breakfast was cooked to order when we sat at the breakfast bar. Eggs, ham and delicious sweet potato pancakes were on the menu. There was also a variety of cut up fresh fruit, orange juice and coffee. It was a little earlier than we would have liked, seeing as we were on a mini vacation (7-8:30am).

They offer free snacks of all kinds (chips, fruit, candy), water, wine and a variety of teas and coffees. There was also a plate of freshly baked cookies on the counter.

We stayed in the Presidents room. It's large enough to add a roll-away bed. It comes with an en-suite shower and toilet. There is a private entrance leading to the outside as well as the pool area. The bed was extra comfortable and the sheets incredibly soft.

We were there in ridiculously cold weather and the room just didn't warm up much. Probably because there are 3 huge windows and the door to the outside. The rest of the house, including our bathroom was toasty warm. Fortunately there was a small heater in the room that we could plug in and it made the room comfortable but not warm.

It's possible to bring a pet (need to be pre-approved) but you'll have to stay in the caboose parked in the back yard.

We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: There are 3 floors with rooms and no elevator. Ask for a room on the ground floor if you have mobil...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jen78703
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with our two kids(age 7 and 10) in the Escondido Suite. Beds were super comfy, they had a sign welcoming us in the room, snacks out and fresh baked cookies. Breakfast was great in the morning and the owners were very friendly and accommodating. Wish we were here in the summer, as there are game boards in he pool deck that they kids were drooling over. Would definitely stay here again! Did I mention it was right across the street from tech?

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank KeriW_11
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed in the Woodrow house for two nights in the caboose. I’ve stayed in B&B’s all over the world – Woodrow house is very ordinary.

Pros – Little extras available – bottle of wine opened in the lobby each evening for guests to enjoy, along with bags of chips, fruit bowl, candies and cookies. The breakfast was good – oven baked egg dish each morning, plus toast or biscuits and another baked dish. They requested dietary restrictions at check-in, so breakfast could be adjusted if required. Old fashioned Coke machine is stocked on the back porch for guests. Free parking available in front and back of the house and pool/hot tub area is nice.

Cons – B&B advertises that they accept bedandbreakfast.com coupons – but this only occurs selectively. I had a balance of $100 on a certificate and the innkeeper would not accept it because it was a busy weekend due to the football game. This makes sense, but it baffled me that I didn’t see the owners for my entire visit especially on their busy weekend.

We stayed in the caboose, which has been located on the property since the late 1990s. It appeared to me that it hasn’t been updated since that time – walls were very scuffed from suitcases, furniture and window coverings grungy and outdated – but not in a cute antique way. Wifi – the property boasts wifi… but if this is an important amenity during your stay, beware of the caboose. I never could get my device to connect reliably – I was told that it’s an issue only in my room, but I cannot be certain.

Housekeeping and maintenance – Oddly enough, my pillow was moved to the foot of the bed on top of the comforter by housekeeping – not exactly a place where I’d like to lay my head or my clean pillow, especially when I left it under the sheets that morning. I thought it was unusual that not a single shade was opened to enjoy the views. Orange and black mold growing in the corner of the shower, roof leaked near the breakfast table causing damage to the walls and the wood floor is picking up in spots due to water damage.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ashley W
Dawn F, Owner at Woodrow House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

We greatly appreciate Ashley's review. It's great when travelers are specific in what they liked and didn't like. The more detail the better. This gives us specific things we can work on. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our property and service and reviews are a great resource. We are so glad these guests enjoyed all of the special touches and amenities we provide here at the Woodrow House. She is exactly right about the Caboose needing an update. We are currently updating the rooms in the Main House and the Caboose is on the list. We hope to start updating the Caboose soon. We were actually out of town that weekend for our oldest daughter's Senior Recital. We hated to miss such a busy weekend, but we certainly did not want to miss her recital. We have great people that can run the B&B for us when we go out of town. Not sure why the pillows were put at the end of the bed. I have had my entire staff read this review so they are aware of their concerns.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at the woodrow house for two nights and had a lovely time there. we stayed in the 50's room and it was great full of character and very comfortable. The people who run the hotel are great so friendly and so very generous, nothing was to much touble, the breakfast was all home cooked with different dishes every day, such a lovely change from your run of the mill breakfast buffets and there were so many little extras thrown in we wonder how they could make any proffit. we would fully recomend you stay here and if we are ever that way again we will defo book a room there.
Tina and Barry Newton - England

Room Tip: If you lover buddy holly, elvis and 50's music you must pick the 50's room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank missclawdy9
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The Woodrow House Bed Nd Breakfast is a wonderful place to stay. So warm and comfortable you feel like you are in your own home without the cooking and cleaning chores. You are well taken care of and the breakfast and other amenities were well done and well appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2013