“Handicap”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock
Ranked #7 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed January 16, 2011

My wife and I arrived To the hotel on a Friday night. After checking in, we opened our room and found the bed sheets all over the place. The bathroom was even still dirty. I imagine they just forgot to clean it. So they stuck us in a handicapped room with 2 queen beds....the room was nice but as nice spacious as the first one. I felt sorry for the front desk attendant. He had to clean rooms and run the desk. There was apparently no cleaning crew on duty.

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank Alex8200
jballard1, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

I wanted to apologize for your experience during your January stay with us. Being new to this hotel, I am unsure what the staffing situation was like in January. However, checking a guest into a dirty room is not acceptable and I assure you I have been working with our housekeeping manager to insure that all rooms are inspected before being entered into the computer system as clean.

Please accept my apology for the problems you encountered and should you wish to return, please feel free to contact me directly. I am happy to personally oversee the details of your reservation.

Jutea Ballard

Write a ReviewReviews (1,697)

Reviewed December 28, 2010

We've stayed here rgularly since they opened about three years ago. Something has gone terrible bad in the past year or so.

First, this hotel now caters to long-stay families. Two rooms next to ours had groups of four or more living out of it, and had Hefty bags from wall-to-wall. These families/vagrants were loud into the night, until about 12:45 a.m. Management did nothing about the problem.

Our room was double-billed. I inquired to three clerks in-person. Each said they would have a manager (one said "an accountant") contact me regarding the error. None ever has. Fortunately, I was able to dispute the charge with my bank.

Horrible customer service and weird tenants. This place probably isn't what you expect.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BaconHunter
HawthornFOM, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Thank you for your review! We have changed so much over the years. We look forward to welcoming you back!!

Reviewed December 20, 2010

This is my 3rd stay at this hotel. I am in Lubbock frequently and like to stay in hotels with kitchenettes. Hawthorn Suites advertises rooms with furnished kitchens. I have never had a room with anything in the kitchen other than paper cups for the coffee maker and one microwaveable saucepan---no plates, no glasses, no utensils, nothing! I complained about this in Dec. 2009 and April 2010. Did get a voucher for 2 free nights which I appreciated but when I returned in Nov. 2010, they still had not furnished the kitchens. I mentioned this to the marketing dept. upon my leaving and she had no idea that the kitchens were not furnished. And, the last morning I was there I found a small bug in the bed! I took the bug in a plastic bag to the desk when I checked out. Absolutely, no response from the desk clerk. Don't think it was a bed bug but with all the bed bug hotel issues in the news, I think my finding deserved a response. Haven't heard a word from them!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank hope423

Reviewed October 29, 2010

Nice rooms. Very comfortable beds, with soft sheets. Decor is modern and attractive. Each floor has a computer station and wide-screen TV lounge as you get off the elevator. THe staff is friendly and efficient. I found the hotel to be clean.

Only probelem is in the breakfast room. It is small for a hotel this size and understaffed. THey continually ran out od eggs,, and or sausage. On the third visit to the breakfast room they finally had all the containers full. I grabbed my family and told them we better eat now or it will all be gone. DSure enough, within 10 minutes,all containers were empty again.

I think this can be easlity fixed and if they do fit it, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TexasLadyJane

Reviewed July 5, 2010

THis hotel will not stick out as you zip by on the freeway..BUT the service was INCREDIBLE. Brand new on the inside. Very nice areas on each floor. We were traveling with three kids and it was so nice to go out to the floor "lobby" and not jsut be stuck in the room.
The pool and workout facilities were very nice. They had a problem with a roof leak (record rains for that w/e) but had people out there really trying to fix it asap.
The breakfast was hot and delicious.
The free internet and computers were wonderful. Everything about the rooms were nice.
It's a really nice hotel. There werea few hotels that cost a little less in Lubbock- GLAD WE CHOSE THIS ONE!!
I would strongly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed June 30, 2010

The first impression was very good but we were quickly disappointed. The phone didn't work, one lightbulb was out, no extra toilet paper, no silverware or dishes even though there was a microwave,fridge and toaster.??? The main problem was cleanliness: our bathroom wasn't cleaned in 3 days, the beds were not made one day, there was dust on the furniture etc. We called the desk and were told it was because we had the privacy sign on the door - not true except for 30 minutes. The bed was made the next day but still not dusted or the bathroom cleaned.The staff was very nice and apologized, saying they would bring it to management's attention. The hotel is nice but housekeeping is an issue, especially if you have dust allergies as my traveling companion did..

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Robkal2

Reviewed June 26, 2010

I stayed here 5 nights this month due to a family member's hospitalization. The rooms and the amenities are great. I had two different rooms, but both had the same problem. On the ground floor, the drapes are inadequate at blocking outside headlights, and couold be improved. In the second room, which faced north, there was a very large LED billboard less than 50 yards from the windows. At night this was quite a problem. This hotel is a great value, and I will stay there in the future if I'm in Lubbock; however I will avoid the odd numbered rooms, which face this billboard.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
HawthornFOM, Front Office Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017