“I've stayed here probably ten times in the past two years...”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock
Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Longview
“I've stayed here probably ten times in the past two years...”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I've stayed here probably ten times in the past two years. I believe the hotel is a little more run down each time. It shows a lot of wear and tear, really it's not that clean of a place anymore. I visited Lubbock last week and opted to stay elsewhere. One thing I will say is the employees at the hotel are exceptional!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Kimberly T, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
You’re feedback is appreciated. I apologize about any inconvenience you may have been caused during your stay. The hotel is gaining in years and I can assure you we are doing the best we can to maintain the property from maintenance issues to daily housekeeping duties. I truly value your feedback about our employees, I believe everyone here goes above and beyond their requested duties and the hotel couldn’t have been given a better team. Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Greenville, Texas
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've enjoyed staying at this hotel but I am noticing some maitenance issues that concern me. I have stayed in 2 rooms recently that have had some sort of damage to the wall next the the bathtub; curiously in the same place, and the repairs to the wall was very poorly done giving the impression of a "low class hotel" attitude. On my last trip I stayed on the third floor and the carpet in the hall was badly stained. It appeared bleach had been split over a large area. Also some of the exercise equipment doesn't work. The staff at the hotel have always been great and because they have been so great I will continue to stay for a bit longer to see if there are improvements in the appearance and care of the building. The location is great and I do have plenty of other choices, it's just recently it appears that the building is suffering from lack of attention.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Your feedback is appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about the hotel. I would like to know which two rooms you stayed in to further investigate the situation and get any issues repaired. Although, we are consistently checking random rooms every day and will repair these issues once found. For the carpet on the third floor, this was a recent incident in which a guest had a spill. You can imagine cleaning up bleach on colored carpet, it is impossible. However, replacing the carpet could be our only option. Nevertheless, management and the cleaning staff are fully aware of this recent stain and we are working to repair this promptly. Also, the exercise equipment has been repaired. Our guests are also able to work out at Freedom Fitness, right around the corner, which is a full out gym with tanning too. In most cases, we are able to provide transportation to and from the fitness center if necessary.
I truly appreciate you allowing me to view our hotel through your eyes and I will take full consideration in the issues you pointed out. Thank you for being a loyal guest and continuing to stay with us and we promise you will not be disappointed. We’ll see you soon.
Pearland
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Unfortunately, this property has not been maintained as it should be over the years. We have stayed here several times over the past four and a half years and have noticed the decline in everyday maintenance. Our room was not clean. It was dusty and the coffee pot was dirty. There was a hole in the bathroom wall that had been badly patched. The shower curtain lining was missing one ring. One window covering did not work. The towels were gray and beginning to ravel. Even though I reported all of this to the desk, no offer of compensation was offered. This was one of the finer places to stay in Lubbock, but sadly that is no longer true.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for your feedback. It’s unfortunate your stay was not everything it could have been. We purchase coffee pots and towels numerous times throughout the each year. Once a towel starts to look even a little shabby, we no longer place these in the rooms. Also, coffee pots should be cleaned daily, this is not something that perishes over the years. The shower curtain missing a ring should have been replaced by the housekeeper, as these do not go missing often. I will definitely have a talk with our housekeepers to ensure this occurring. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused as a result of the issues. Next time, please contact our front desk before check-out so we are able to resolve your issues and improve the remainder of your stay. Again, thanks for taking the time to give the hotel feedback and we hope you choose to stay with us in the future.