“Great Place to Stay!”

Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
El Paso, Texas, United States
“Great Place to Stay!”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This hotel was beyond great! They were AWESOME! The hotel was extremely well maintained, well organized and it was a pleasure to saty in. The room i stayed in, single-king suite was great! It felt like an appartment or condo! It was beautifully kept, and decorated! One of the best rooms I've stayed in so far. The bed was comfortable and clean as was the entire room. The only draw-back as the cooling system. It was a bit noisy, and cumberson to use. But this is generally the case with all hotels, you'd think some company woould design a better system for hotels?! :-) The front desk staff as well as the bar staff were AWESOME too! Very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Overall, my stay was fantastic. I highly recommend this location! ENJOY!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
jballard1, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments on our hotel. It is always nice when our guests are happy with their stay and reflect that in a review.

Please stay with us again if you are in the area. It is our pleasure to serve you.

Jutea Ballard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Hobbs, NM
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The Hawthorn Inn and Suites is a four-storied, *** property located in a professional area with medical facilities nearby. The Covenant Hospital is a few blocks away; a Surgi-Center is across the street; and a medical clinic is across the parking lot. It is a fairly new facility (about 4 years old). Because of the West Texas drought, the grounds have a barren, austere appearance.

On the inside, the lobby is attractive with comfortable chairs for the guests. Located in separate rooms, across from the lobby, one will find the bar, a lounge area, and the breakfast area for a self-service morning meal of sausage, eggs, coffee, juices, cereal, sausage gravy, biscuits, etc. An attractive indoor pool with ample tables and chairs adjoin the lounge area.

Each floor has its own foyer with several comfortable chairs for lounging. There are computers in a semi-private area adjoining the foyer; however, the printers are on the fourth floor.

Our room was large with a flat-screen TV. It was well furnished with a desk containing computer interfaces for a laptop and a phone. Wi-fi and local calls are free and we had no trouble accessing the router. There was a microwave, a refrigerator, and a study desk located in the room foyer.

Having partially described this property, keep in mind that an undisturbed night depends on not having some heavy-footed klutz pace the floor above you half of the night. I would recommend this property to others. Surely, others will not be so unfortunate as to have an inconsiderate neighbor.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. It is always nice when a guest gives a great report on the hotel

I do apologize for the noise. It certainly does not make for a good night sleep when the guests above you are heavy footed.

We hope to see you back soon.

Abilene, Texas
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Very good service the staff was friendly and was very understanding of special needs. I would recommend to stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope that you return if you are in the area.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Only 2 bath towels; 1 roll of sandy toilet paper. Very dusty furniture. Bulbs burned out. Tv remote broken. Suggest bringing your own towels, toilet paper, spare light bulbs, and a can of Pledge. Room was quiet. Perhaps others have made the choice we'll make next time: another hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Pastortop
jballard1, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
I apologize that your stay was less than enjoyable.

It is true that we only place two bath towels, two hand towels and two wash cloths in a room with one king size bed. We leave one extra roll of toilet paper in each room.

While the rooms are inspected by our Housekeeping Manager each day after they are cleaned, sometimes the rooms are not rented for a few days and the dust here in Lubbock becomes a problem from time to time. I apologize if that was the case in the room you occupied.

I am unsure why the light bulbs were out and the remote was not working properly. My Houskeeping Manager will be aprised of your stay to ensure proper inspecting of all items in the room prior to renting them out.

I appreciate your comments. Without guest input we cannot improve our service.

Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2011

As one reviewer below noted,don't let the dull exterior fool you. My husband, son and I couldn't be more thrilled with the quality of rooms, amenities, and customer service (including housekeeping) at this fine location. My mother-in-law seconds everything I'm saying, as their suite for our large family reunion was two doors down from ours. The minor hiccups were handled beautifully by housekeeping. Sylvia named and apologized for the staff member who forgot to remove previous guest's leftovers from fridge as she promptly removed them and handled our other requests upon our arrival. The housekeeper the next day increased our number of towels as requested, and when children in our family wanted to volunteer to pick up litter at the nearby lakeside park & playground, the front desk gave us trash bags and Sylvia even gave us rubber gloves! All free!

They could improve the supervision and towel-providing system for the indoor pool (for example, better signage about any rules, such as life preservers, maximum number of swimmers, no diving, etc. & information about the saltwater chlorination contributing to the unusual color of the pool, require use of swim diapers on babies, implement some means of preventing children from hogging hot tub & jumping off its walls into pool below), as the pool professional in our family was deeply concerned & reluctant to let her children swim there.

EXCELLENT breakfast kept filled constantly by a very attentive gentleman, equally delicious at 7 a.m. as at 9:30 a.m. on weekends (Texas-shaped belgian waffles were a hit with our crowd) in a clean, spacious area. Decent fitness area (would have liked to have ability to change channel on TV). Positive reviews of the bar/lounge from our extended family.

Resonable rates, positive experience with meeting rooms (which were free due to the number of family members we had booking rooms, a feat not easily accomplished elsewhere in Lubbock) and two elevators, not to mention wonderful room corridor layouts with little lobbies on each floor permitting our reunion to continue easily into the evenings. Our four-year-old keeps asking how sson we can go back to that hotel. Amazing.

Room Tip: If you have a problem, call front desk right away!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
jballard1, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Thank you so much for the nice review. We are certainly glad you had a great time. Customer Service is one of my top priorities and I am happy to see that culture is being provided to our guests by all of my staff.

I appreciate your noticing of the missing Pool & Spa Rules Sign. Being new to this property (about 30 days) and it slipped my attention that it was missing. Our Cheif Engineer has located the sign and I assure you it is now promenetly posted.

It is always a pleasure when we hear nice things about our property and staff. Should you ever find that your travels bring you back to Lubbock, we would happily enjoy you visting us again.

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I called to see if I needed to check-in and they told me that as long as I had reservations and my confirmation number it didn't matter when I arrived. I arrived at 1215 am. and they said they had no available rooms. They paid for me to go to another Wyndham owned hotel, and that hotel was definiately not the same quality that I had paid for.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank 1Tootsie
jballard1, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lubbock, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
I apologize for the inconvience you experienced on your visit to our property. At times we are over sold do to unforseen circumstances and do have to re-locate guests to a sister property. While we try to place our guests in comparable hotels, it sounds like you did not experience a hotel of the same quality and value and I certainly apologize for that.

Should you wish to return, please contact me directly and I will personally oversee the details of your reservation.

Reviewed January 16, 2011

My wife and I arrived To the hotel on a Friday night. After checking in, we opened our room and found the bed sheets all over the place. The bathroom was even still dirty. I imagine they just forgot to clean it. So they stuck us in a handicapped room with 2 queen beds....the room was nice but as nice spacious as the first one. I felt sorry for the front desk attendant. He had to clean rooms and run the desk. There was apparently no cleaning crew on duty.

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank Alex8200
I wanted to apologize for your experience during your January stay with us. Being new to this hotel, I am unsure what the staffing situation was like in January. However, checking a guest into a dirty room is not acceptable and I assure you I have been working with our housekeeping manager to insure that all rooms are inspected before being entered into the computer system as clean.

Please accept my apology for the problems you encountered and should you wish to return, please feel free to contact me directly. I am happy to personally oversee the details of your reservation.