“baby back ribs. yuck”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #61 of 619 Restaurants in Lubbock
Reviewed April 27, 2014

son ordered baby back ribs. we brought them home for the dog. they tasted like they were warmed up. I didn't like them. thought maybe it was just us. so when we got home my daughter tried them.she was furious I didn't have them take it off the ticket. we left and went to donut shop and bought him something on way home to big spring. wont go back. awful.
staff was wonderful and attentive. clean store.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I normally avoid eating at a chain restaurant, but I just flew in and needed something quick to bite. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of food at such reasonable price. My wait staff was attentive too. Lubbock has many choices of restaurants, but I now know why Cheddar's was very crowded on a Sunday evening.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed at a hotel within walking distance of Cheddars. Since we've never tried this chain before (and we usually prefer non-chain restaurants when we travel) & we'd been driving all day we just wanted something easy. If we didn't like the look of the place, we decided we'd leave & go to another place next door. Well the décor was very nice as were all the staff we encountered, so we stayed. I ordered a dirty martini & my husband had a beer. The bartender knows what he's doing because this was one of my top 3 martinis I've ever been served. Then to top that off, our meal was fantastic. I had the sirloin steak & fried shrimp. My husband had the ribeye steak. Both steaks are somewhat spicy but for us they were just perfect. The shrimp had a light breading & were delicious. We each had a loaded baked potato that was very good. Both vegies - my broccoli & my hubby's carrots were seasoned to perfection. Best meal of our trip so far. We will definitely eat here again if ever passing by this way & also look for this chain in our future travels.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

great food, reasonable prices, excellent service! Ate there several times, liked every dish ordered.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Cheddars is a nice, solid chain that hasn't let me down yet. I like this one because it's just across 2 parking lots from the Courtyard and they have a nice bar dining area that's ideal for business people traveling alone. I had the Tenders & Shrimp (with cole slaw and carrots for sides) and ate everything! It was excellent and the bartender was very attentive without becoming a pest. I highly recommend Cheddars.