“A new fav!”
Review of Cheddar's

Cheddar's
Ranked #61 of 611 Restaurants in Lubbock
Reviewed January 22, 2014

great food, reasonable prices, excellent service! Ate there several times, liked every dish ordered.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Cheddars is a nice, solid chain that hasn't let me down yet. I like this one because it's just across 2 parking lots from the Courtyard and they have a nice bar dining area that's ideal for business people traveling alone. I had the Tenders & Shrimp (with cole slaw and carrots for sides) and ate everything! It was excellent and the bartender was very attentive without becoming a pest. I highly recommend Cheddars.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

There are many restaurants and motels in the same area. We chose Cheddar's for dinner and are glad we did. We had a wonderful dinner, Our waitress, Bailee, was extra nice. So why only four stars? 1. The sirloin was a bit chewy, although very flavorful. 2. The black beans were far too spicy hot, and I like spicy food. I pointed it out to Bailee, who reported that the kitchen threw out that batch and started a new one. Very responsive. 3. I loved the cornmeal-breaded catfish, but it came with FIVE pieces. A whole platter full. For one serving! Yes, some would see that as a virtue. But I think it is way out of proportion, especially for a dish under ten dollars. The fish filets were thin, so maybe they were going by weight. The breading was thick and crusty and wonderful. I was tempted to eat them all, but I took two of the filets for another time. My wife had never been to a Cheddars before. On the way back, a week from now, we will stop again, and share one order of catfish.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Good food, but do not sit at bar. Bartenders act like they are so overworked and voice such. I do think that servers should make their own non-alcohol drinks: lemonade, Shirley Temples, etc. and this may help. Left fast--too much unprofessionalism.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was passing through Lubbock for a business through and decided to eat at Cheddar's. I was on day 5 of my trip and ate dinner alone. My waiter was great, but the person who most stood out was a young lady who bussed the table next to me. She said "are you OK?" I said "yeah, I'm OK." She said "you dont look OK and you're eating alone. Are you sure?" I explained to her that I was on business travel and really missed my husband and kids. She took a few minutes to smile and talk to me about them, and that truly cheered me up! Not only was the food great, her kind gesture is something I will remember for a long time!