“terrible”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #331 of 618 Restaurants in Lubbock
Reviewed December 21, 2013

my son got food poisoning from IHOP they served us raw eggs and the waiter was extremely rude and gave raw sausage I will NEVER eat their again!!!!

1  Thank Tommy C

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Always reaks of old grease in the whole restaurant. Waitressed HOLLER at each other and to the cooks. Not a relaxing environment if that's what you are looking for. Had to BEG for coffee pot to be refilled since it only was 1/2 full for two people when it was served at table. Tired place and needs update of appearance and personnel! No-one seems to enjoy their work either.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great service, good coffee, food was like any other IHOP and it was very reasonably priced. It was located within a 3 minute walk from my hotel (Ashmore Inn) and I had a choice of Applebee's, Outback, and Cheddars that were a few seconds closer.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This IHOP was the only place open so we drove from our hotel to grab a very late meal before bed. We found 20 or more teenaged men waiting to be seated and we joined them at the door. The female staff were apparently in a fight which the female manager brought out to the hostess in front of us all. Only 3-5 tables had guests at them so there was no reason we were not being seated except for the explosive female battle. Manager took the fight to 4 waitresses and the hostess joined the snarling mess as we all waited. Bus boys and cooks were uninvolved except the stress demanded one of them to escape through the front door for a smoke. We could hear that the "problem" was apparently about seating customers. After waiting for far too long we walked out. The 20 teens were still waiting as we drove away.

1  Thank rdtf
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We should have known the moment we walked in that this would be a bad experiance by the attitude the host gave us. Like it's that hard to show people to a table without giving them attitude? She looked pregnant so maybe it was a mood swing but it annoyed me reguardless. Once we sat our waitress was quick to take our drink order, and when she we returned with the drinks, asked if we were ready. (it was only 2 of us btw) we said we needed a few more minutes, and she left. Almost 10 mins passed before she returned to take our order, drinks were empty at that point. I got the beef tips dinner, my guy got the beef tip breakfast (mine came with veggies and potatos and garlic bread, his with toast, hashbrowns and eggs) after taking our order she started to walk back to a table about 3 tables away from ours where 4 or 5 of her coworkers sat and ate and laughed and ignored their customers, and my guy had to call her back over and ask for refills. Our food didn't take too long, and it annoyed us to see it just sitting in the window while she giggled and stuffed her face as we sat there hungry. Finally she brought our food and asked if we needed anything else. My bf noticed his toast had no butter on it, no packet of butter on the plate and not even those small packs of jam. He mentioned that normally they buttered the toast while it's hot, her response "I guess I could go find you some butter.." my guy just laughed and said jam would be fine rather than cold butter on cold toast. She brought the jam and walked back to her social gathering. While she ate, we flagged down another waitress (the only one apparently doing her job) and got refills, hot sauce and even our check from her. She got the tip that day. Our
server was so involved in her convo she didn't even see us get up and walk to the front to pay our bill till the b****y host got her attention. She half smiled, while sitting down and holding her fork in hand, and wished us a nice day. We signed the check and as we were leaving heard them talking about how we didn't tip. I just wish I could remember her name.. Tiffany or Kimberly or somthing like that.. She's lucky I
can't remember her name because If I could I'd contact the manager and owner over this trip. But hey, atleast the Chef had his head on straight because the food was pretty damn good!

1  Thank Spartacus22

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!