“More than I expected”

Ranked #32 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Lima
“More than I expected”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Rooms were all equipped with full kitchen. Huge, homey space and friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast buffet is good and lots of snacks, coffee service and 'events' at the hotel for guests. Hassle-free parking, close to Texas Tech University and shops/services. Didn't get to try out the swimming pool and barbeque but fitness center was basic but clean and sufficient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank palindrome4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tusc
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great location if visiting Texas Tech University. Most folks were nice, but one housekeeper used vulgar language while I was walking near her in the hallway. Clean pool and folks were barbequing out by the pool tent each evening. Made me feel like home.

Room Tip: I liked that I could see the pool and the area in the back where I parked my work truck.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Harv M
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This place needs remodeled! Bedspread was faded with age, huge stain (burn) in the carpet, desk chair was filthy with dried food (holes, worn, etc.), top of frig hadn't been cleaned in years - window sills filthy, windows filthy. I have stayed here for the past 5 years and each year it gets worse. Not sure I will ever come back. Is a great location to Texas Tech.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank BrianTheTraveler77
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear BrianTheTraveler77,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. Thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites Lubbock as your accommodation preference for the last 5 years. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. On this occasion, we fell below your expectations. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort it caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ifrane, Morocco
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The Staybridge is convenient to Texas Tech and to a few restaurants. The staff were super friendly and helped make a pleasant stay. The breakfast area is nice and breakfast is fine. The Texas-shaped waffle maker reminds you where you are!

There is some road construction that made getting to and from the parking lot a bit tricky. The noise was not that bad in my room and it did not disturb my sleep.

The air conditioner is set on a thermostat but it blows like crazy when it comes on. It is either on or off, which did wake me up.

All in all, a good place to hang your hat in Lubbock!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I'm a fan of the midrange hotels like Staybridge and Hampton and the like. The quality is usually good and the price isn't high. This Staybridge was no exception. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean, the breakfast was good, and the wifi was fast. It's located very conveniently near restaurants, gas stations, and some retail.

Speaking of the staff, I had to leave very early on a weekend morning and there is no "to-go" breakfast service on weekends. When I checked out, I asked the clerk if there was any way I could get a to-go bag anyway - and I got one. That kind of customer service is rare, but this Staybridge clearly values it. I'll be back if I'm back in Lubbock.

Room Tip: Rooms on the southwest side face away from the busy streets and are probably quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Hubby and I needed a decent hotel for our 4 night stay in Lubbock that was near the hospital. The hotel is very well located. Nice Lobby, breakfast / break area. We did not use the pool but did go outside to sit in the sunshine one afternoon and it was very nice - looked clean. The suite was a great set up. Nice size kitchen and "living area". Bedroom was a little tight for the King size bed but not an issue for us. I liked having a separate sink and counter outside the bathing / toilet areas so we could both be getting ready at the same time in the mornings. The bed was very comfortable. Two TVs. Very nice front desk staff that helped us with various questions several times in our visit. If we ever need to go back to Lubbock I would stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Cebu/Austin TX
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Priority club platinum 100,000 points 8 weeks. Live on the road. I believe of all the chains Staybridge has the best concept right now. You get a lot of bang for your buck. This one is the worst one we have stayed in. Creaky and dated small laundry. However, I would still recommend it, but for the top floor only. Second floor you hear everyone walking above all the floors creak when someone walks. Lubbock has many choices so you do have other options. The worst staybridge is still better than most. iPad

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank worldtraveler238
IHGCare, ihgcare at Staybridge Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear Worldtraveler238,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations. I certainly apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments.

We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,