“Staff was so nice.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #22 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Recently had to go to Lubbock for a funeral and stayed for two days. We had none of the trouble some of the others did checking in. The whole staff was nice and friendly. I really enjoyed that. I think if we stay in Lubbock again we would stay at this place. I think it was a good quality for the price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here recently for 2 nights while driving back from Christmas vacation - From when we first checked in, Sherrie Morris, the Guest Service Coordinator, was so helpful! She recommended a fun children's museum just down the street so my 3 year old could burn off energy. She also later that evening sneaked back into the kitchen to get extra goldfish crackers for my 3 year old who was getting a little antsy. The next morning when we were having breakfast, there was a large group of basketball players eating quite a bit of the breakfast food and Sherrie was busy in the kitchen, cooking and preparing additional hot food so the rest of us never went hungry.

I was very happy with her service - Thank you for making that part of our trip more enjoyable!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mari C
Reviewed November 26, 2012

DeAndre Francis and Sherrie Morris had excellent service. Everything was great rooms were clean. They both were very kind and answered are questions with kindness. We were very happy with our stay there. Comfort Suites will be our chose to be stay there again because of there services. Thank you for having great employees.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had 5 rooms reserved - confirmed - and all the paperwork was in place for a Monday evening check in for my technicians. At 6:00 pm, I received the first call telling me that because they didn't have my credit card in hand (even though they had the credit card authorization form and my reservation was made through AMEX), they weren't going to be allowed to check in. The desk person, Sherry, had been "uncooperative." I knew it had to be a mistake, so I called- and advised Sherry of the situation - at which time she told me that it was football season and she could rent those rooms to someone else for more money and had no intention of checking in my technicians. She literally had them standing in the parking lot of the Comfort Suites. I begged, I pleaded, and finally she told me that unless I wanted to drive down my credit card (over 700 miles) she wasn't going to check them in - ever. I asked for a manager & was advised that Erica wouldn't be in until the morning. I requested a callback that I never got, and I tried to call again on Tuesday, left a message with Sherry, and again, no callback. I finally gave up, contacted the Holiday Inn, made arrangements with THEIR delightful staff over the phone, and my techs were checked in within minutes. The final insult--- this is the 2nd review I've written- they had the first one removed by saying that I had reviewed the wrong hotel! Just FYI, I'm referring to the Comfort Suites at 5113 S. Loop 289 in Lubbock, TX - tried to check in on 10/1/12. BE WARNED!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KCJ2012
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I made reservations for 5 rooms through American Express for business travel - like I have literally done hundreds of times. After driving 8 hours, the desk person (Sherry) at the Comfort Suites refused to let my technicians check in unless they had my credit card. All credit card information & authorizations had already been sent to them, and by the time they tried to check in, it was late & nobody was available to talk to. The woman at the desk told me that it was football season & she could fill those rooms for more money, that unless I wanted to drive down there with my credit card she wasn't going to let my technicians check in. I asked to speak to a manager & was advised that Erica would not be there until the next day -- and Sherry was perfectly content to leave my techs in the parking lot. After begging and pleading (& getting nowhere), I moved them to the Holiday Inn -- with no trouble at all. BE WARNED!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We came down for family weekend at tech, and due to other hotels being booked, or way overpriced we booked there. The price was ok, breakfast was ok, pool in the front of the hotel was kind of awkward, but the breakfast area was nice. My issue was with housekeeping, we expected the sheets to be changed but nope, they put the same dirty sheets back on the bed, and we know his because our daughter spilled some juice and the stain was still there.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Arrived late, nice staff, room perfect. This hotel is nice, a little dated, but well maintained. Recommend for on line price, especially with Choice promotions. Good breakfast options, however we opted for Rudy's across the loop.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple