“Dirty floor & crazy check in time”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #23 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We recently stayed for one night. Everything was good except the carpet was awful. At the end of the night the bottoms of my white socks were black. The room was clean, bathroom was stocked, ac worked wonderful. Loved the hotel just not the dirty carpet. But will stay there again and just wear socks.

Check in/check out time needs to looked at. We traveled from within Tx and only a few hours away BUT the 4pm check in time almost made us turn away and find something else. Who wants to wait another 4 hours before they can get to their room and relax after traveling. But luckily there happened to be a room that was available. So we were able to check in several hours early. But also having to check out at noon was a little crazy.

Overall I would stay here again, I would just wear socks and leave home a little later for that late check in time. Plus the breakfast was decent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Our family needed a place to stay for almost a week during the last days of our loved one's life and for the funeral services that followed. The staff at Comfort Suites went out of their way to accommodate us and our uncertain schedule. They even allowed us to use their breakfast room when friends brought over an evening meal to serve our family. We appreciated their kindness and concern very much.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed one night for a basketball tournament in June. This is not a property I would normally choose, but we were staying with other families as a team. Our room appeared clean upon arrival, it had a freshly cleaned scent. The bathroom was clean though older fixtures, etc. The room seemed clean but again things were older. The sheets were clean smelling and the bed was ok.

In the common areas, the sofas need to be recovered. The breakfast area was average but seemed clean as well. There were places the carpets could use attention.

My room door had trouble latching, even upon being slammed. When I asked about getting someone to look at it, I was more or less brushed off. By looking at the facing, it was obvious this had been a long term problem.

I wouldn't choose to stay here again. We have to stay in Lubbock several times a year and have other properties that we like to stay in that are in better shape. Lubbock, however, seems to have a shortage of rooms and sometimes our top picks are full. Even then, this property would be further down the list. I think there are worse places to be, but there are certainly better places too. For what it is, it was very expensive at $100 - it is a $65 room at best.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My life has been travel and hotels. I've never seen a 4pm check in until here. I came at 3:30 and the desk clerk said they did not have one room ready to check into. I requested to speak to the manager and suddenly there WAS a room I could check into immediately! The hotel is nearing losing its franchise status in my opinion. Aging and wear are evident.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed 3 nights to visit family in town. The first room we were given smelled of smoke and perfume. Upon our complaint they moved us to a odor-free room. The bedding and carpets were worn and tired. It is need of an remodel. It was basic room but the bathroom was well-cleaned. Everything else was mediocre. We will look for another place next time for the money

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Do not stay at this place if you want clean and updated. This place is old and dirty. Bathroom was disgusting. Stains on the ceiling and sheetrock ripped off the bathroom wall. Room 202 smelled like cat urine even though they say that they do not allow pets.,We did see one dog in the hotel so it is obvious that they lied to us. We were on an 8 day road trip and this was by far the worst place we stayed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I guess I have been spoilt. Me and my son always stay at the Comfor Suites in Lewisville when we go to the Nascar Races. I am a choice privedges member. That is why when we decided to go to Lubbock, I wanted to stay at a Comfort Suites. Like I said the Comfort Suites at Vista Ridge Mall is really nice. I understand that they had the pinning commencement for Texas Tech during the same weekend. It was hard to find a room at all. When I finally found a room, I was excited that it was a Comfort Suites. We paid $149.99 a night. When we first got there, we discovered that the outside pool was not open. That was very disappointing to me because we have 3 kids. Then when we got ready for bed we noticed that there weren't any regular sized pillows to sleep on. We later asked about that, and they said that those size of pillows is what they are required to furnish. The gentleman that was at the desk the first night was not sure why there weren't any regular sized pillows. Also our room had a strange odor. You may ask why we didn't say anything. It is because everytime that we sked a question, we were not treated very cordially. I am just very dissappointed in our overall stay. I know that I should have asked more questions, like is your swimming pool inside or out and if it was even open. I do know that some of the other Hotels with outdoor swimming pools had there pools open. Also, I forgot to mention that the nice Comfort Suites that me and my son stay at in Lewisville only run usually about $99.00 a night. Not sure what you can do about our stay. I just really wanted to let you know about our visit. Thanks for your time and consideration. Nancy Dickenson

Room Tip: You need to ask alot of questions. Even if you book on-line you might want to call the Hotel and ask...