“Lubbock Courtyard”
Review of Courtyard Lubbock

Courtyard Lubbock
Ranked #26 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have been traveling to Lubbock for the last 10 years. The Courtyard is most accomodating and friendly. The new Bristro is delicious! The lobby has been redone in the last two years and is very welcoming!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Lubbock

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I travel to Lubbock several times a year and usually stay at The Embassy Suites. Unfortunately it was full so my travel agent booked me at the Courtyard. I arrived early evening and the lobby looked small, but nice. That is all I saw of this hotel.

Beware. If you do not have status with Marriott, you may get bumped, especially in the middle of the week. I was scheduled for a one night stay and was told that due to the number of last minute bookings by those with Marriott status, there were no rooms available.

Upon arrival (why not give me a courtesy call ahead of time so I can explore my options!), I was told I had a room at the Hampton two doors down free of charge. Great. Problem is, I did not book the Hampton; I booked the Courtyard. After several "I'm sorries" and a gift of Marriott points, I started to cave and accept my fate at the Hampton. However, when I pointed out that the Hampton was not comparable and that I was Diamond with Hilton, the manager booked me at the Overton, "a 5 star hotel for Lubbock."

Kudos to the staff for remedying the situation (which upped my rating from 1 star), but shame on you Marriott for overbooking. I was considering a switch to you exclusively but not after this.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we caused you by not having a room for you when you arrived in Lubbock. I can understand your frustration with us, as we do not like to relocate any of our guests. We hope that with our efforts to improve, you will try the Lubbock Courtyard again next time you stay in the area.

Sincerely, John Meyers General Manager Courtyard Lubbock

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Traveling cross country and stopped in Lubbock to visit friends. Loved the hotel and location. Close to everything I needed. Somewhat hard to find as it is off of a frontage road and you are not sure where to turn, but once we figured that out had no problems. Comfortable bed and nice sized room. Friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2012

this hotel is nicely located. I was not exactly sure where to park because there are 3 hotels right together. I think i actually parked next door for the two nights i stayed there. The beds were nice, the room was cold, and the shower was awesome! I really enjoyed the room once i got in it. The hallways on the first floor and on our floor had a horrible smell. It was a sour smell and was very strong, but the rooms smelled great and we didn't stay in the hallways for long. I would stay here again. The staff was super friendly, and our room was very clean and the beds were very very comfortable! I would recommend it for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2012

had to go to Lubbock for an overnight stay and meeting with a marketing group. just saw the hotel and went in. the lobby is done well. the place is rather small but cozy. it was not crowded. i was told it was the weekend before texas tech started so i did not know what to expect. the location of the hotel was important because it was not out of the way. I went in. they were very cordial and accommodating. the room seemed nice and clean. it was slightly small. the beds were ok though. the stay overall was very nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Made reservation on line - was able to use priority points. My room was nice and cool and very clean. Staff was welcoming and helpful, even grounds keeper was friendly. Location close to nice restaurants and shopping. Will be back.
My only complaint was the 1st floor ice maker - there was an unpleaent odor.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Needed a place to stay during a trip from Austin to Ruidoso. Great location in lubbock as this hotel is surrounded with places to eat without driving. Rooms are always comfortable and clean. Service was excellent and the desk clerk recommended a nearby place to eat and it was awesome, More on the Rita Tequila in a different review. The rate was a little higher than I expected. Water was hot and plenty of pressure in the shower!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family