“Almost perfect!”

Courtyard Lubbock
Ranked #28 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
“Almost perfect!”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Hotel has been totally redone! Lobby is fantastic, nice indoor pool & spacious workout room. Rooms look awesome, with 2 exceptions- the toilet & heater. I noticed right away the heater looked old, very out if place in this awesome room. Well, guess what woke me up @4am? Bingo! The fan made a sound like it was hitting something. I took the cover off & banged it a few times, but no dice. The room was warm enough, I just like the fan on to block out noise. The toilet took forever to finish filling, about 3-4 minutes! No biggie though. There is a Cheddars, Jason's deli, & ihop all right there, a Walmart 2 doors down. Hotel has an onsite cafe/bar. Had a sandwich for dinner ($8), beers are $5. Overall nice place, quiet stay....except for the heater!

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New Mexico
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed at this property for one night, and should we ever be in the Lubbock area again, we will probably return to it! We appreciated the wonderfully friendly staff! The room was very comfortable, and I loved the modern, elegant decor (I don't think my spouse or the kids cared!) We took advantage of the indoor pool. Complimentary coffee is available in the lobby (as well as the room,) but keep in mind that there is not a complimentary breakfast. The location is near many shopping areas and restaurants...easy access to 289. The wireless service was moderately slow, but because this was a leisure trip, it was not an issue for us.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor in a lower 300 room, and we couldn't hear any highway noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MK W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Having been called to Lubbock for a sick family member, I was put up in the Courtyard. After 10 hours on a plane from London and a direct visit to the hospital to visit my loved one it was lovely to come back to such a comfortable and clean room. Grabbed some food from the pantry and retired to only be woken a few hours later with the worst of news.

At this point I would like to compliment the night desk worker named Edna who not only called the cab for me, but was able to calm me down by the most generous of gifts of a hug. When I got back, she had created a sympathy card for me and made sure I would be able to check out late.

This personal service added to the comfort of the hotel to make what might just be one of the worst nights of my life at least comfortable and a little less hard to get through.

Good people make good hotels. This place is g

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank TexPat78
Highland Village Tx.
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Very clean rooms and exceptional staff at this hotel. We traveled to Lubbock to tour the collage and take in the game. We had 2 rooms 1for mom and dad and 1 for the girls, well the heater did not work in the girls room and when I called the front desk to report the problem the manager was at the door with in 3 minutes. He was unable to fix the heater and apologized many times and moved our girls to a new room, he then told us to help our selves to the sodas and chips free of charge. I had planned a three day trip and was not able to get the 3rd night here on line so I asked to be put on a wait list for a room, the manager had a few rooms held back @ $249 a night and gave us the room at less than 1/2 of that so we did not have to switch to another property. All I can say at this point is that I am very pleased with the service that this hotel puts out, they could have sold the extra rooms at the $249 price since this was home coming weekend. The breakfast spread was also very good and lots of choices.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Joshua, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We were booked for 2 nights. After the first night, we were out most of the following day. When we returned at 4:30pm, the room was exactly as we left it that morning. In other words, NO MAID SERVICE. When I went to the front desk to complain, the front desk person went in the back to talk with the manager. The front desk person came back with a stack of fresh towels, handed them to me, and sent me on my way.....no apology, no offer of compensation, nothing! The manager didn't even have the courtesy to come out and speak to me in person. This was our first - and last - time to stay at a Courtyard by Marriott.

Room Tip: Upper floors on the south end of the building have less highway noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barrylynas
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Nice hotel overall. Rooms are nice looking with a recently renovated design. Front desk staff is nice and attentive. Food service in the lobby area is nice to have and serves quite tasty food.

Close to several restaurants and easy access to and from Loop 289.

Like most hotels, the wireless internet access is pretty slow. They advertise high-speed internet, but it's painful sometimes.

If you find this review helpful, please click the YES button below.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Brad E
California
Reviewed December 13, 2010

As a platinum marriott member, I have never ever ever receved better service at a Marriott property in my life. From check in until check out, i was welcomed, made welcomed, and every need met without staff being overbearing or intrusive. Was told many times "thank you for staying with us". The bar/deli was closed during the day, but the front desk/sales manager/newly trained barista, opened it up and made me an iced latte without me even asking...she just saw me perusing the menu. I was informed that the rooms will be remodeled soon, and while I don't anticipate coming back to Lubbock ever again, if I do I will be staying here.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business