Courtyard Lubbock
Quality Inn & Suites(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$74
$141
$77
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock North(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$75
Hotels.com
$144
$130
EmbassySuites.com
Sleep Inn And Suites Lubbock(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$76
BestWestern.com
$88
$79
Travelocity
All reviewsjason's delitypical courtyardfree coffee in the lobbytraveling cross countrymarriott pointsspent three nightsfront deskseveral restaurants within walking distanceshort drivenice hoteleasy accessstaff was very friendlynight's sleeprooms are largecomfortable bedsconvenient locationtexas tech
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We were booked for 2 nights. After the first night, we were out most of the following day. When we returned at 4:30pm, the room was exactly as we left it that morning. In other words, NO MAID SERVICE. When I went to the front desk to complain, the front desk person went in the back to talk with the manager. The front desk person came back with a stack of fresh towels, handed them to me, and sent me on my way.....no apology, no offer of compensation, nothing! The manager didn't even have the courtesy to come out and speak to me in person. This was our first - and last - time to stay at a Courtyard by Marriott.

Room Tip: Upper floors on the south end of the building have less highway noise.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barrylynas
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Nice hotel overall. Rooms are nice looking with a recently renovated design. Front desk staff is nice and attentive. Food service in the lobby area is nice to have and serves quite tasty food.

Close to several restaurants and easy access to and from Loop 289.

Like most hotels, the wireless internet access is pretty slow. They advertise high-speed internet, but it's painful sometimes.

If you find this review helpful, please click the YES button below.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Brad E
Reviewed December 13, 2010

As a platinum marriott member, I have never ever ever receved better service at a Marriott property in my life. From check in until check out, i was welcomed, made welcomed, and every need met without staff being overbearing or intrusive. Was told many times "thank you for staying with us". The bar/deli was closed during the day, but the front desk/sales manager/newly trained barista, opened it up and made me an iced latte without me even asking...she just saw me perusing the menu. I was informed that the rooms will be remodeled soon, and while I don't anticipate coming back to Lubbock ever again, if I do I will be staying here.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank sonomatanning
Reviewed April 13, 2010

There are many great Courtyards out there with plush bedding, nice paint and pictures on the walls, and generally comfy and nice furniture. This is not one of them.

Although this is a fine Courtyard, it's more like a downgraded Fairfield to me. (Speaking of the Fairfield next door, that's even worse). The bed was trampoline-like, but was okay. The pillows were horrific. Imagine a bag of cotton balls in your pillow. Now imagine that someone removed half the cotton balls exactly where your head should be. Add one more image of knowing that every single pillow in your room is identical. For me, this was a big issue because I slept terribly because I just wasn't comfortable. For you, it might be fine.

There are positive features of the hotel: Breakfast buffet in the lobby (for a cost). Hotel is very quiet (unless your screen rattles in the wind like mine did). Location is also quite nice, especially if you don't have a car. You can walk about 100 yards to an Outback, Jason's Deli, or Applebee's. You can walk about 1-2 blocks to a Walmart, essentially next door.

I have not found a great hotel yet in Lubbock for business. The Courtyard sure doesn't win any awards, so I might keep looking. Hopefully it's in line for a renovation in the near future (and the Fairfield too).

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Came here on a business trip, and try to stay at Courtyards whenever I can. This is a decent and very clean Courtyard, that has not been upgraded to the new renovated rooms. However, the furniture, bed, and other aspects of the room are in good shape. I was very happy with both the room, and the location (can walk to 4 good restaurants - Outback, Cheddar, Jason's Deli and IHOP - as well as a Wal-Mart, and good freeway access). But was very disappointed in the service. I arrived at 4PM but had to wait 1 hour for a room - no apologies. Front desk clerk was not around and found out he was taking care of his 2 year old daughter rather than manning the desk. There were no evening cookies or morning paper for all three weekdays of my stay, as is typical of other Courtyards. I just think they are lax here about service and have a lot of young people who don't care manning the front desk. Not sure if I would return or not - would need to check out some other places in the area first.

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank drichrx
TharaldsonCorporate, Hotel Management Company at Courtyard Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2009

I would like to thank you all for the feedback on our hotel. We value all feedback from our guests and utilize it to evaluate what we are doing right and what can be done to improve each stay for all our guests. We are always open to suggestions as we continuously look for ways to improve our guests’ experiences at our hotel. We desire to address any situation immediately in hopes that you will look to us again in the future when booking a room in Lubbock.