“Nice hotel to stay at - modern design”
Review of Courtyard Lubbock

Courtyard Lubbock
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
Amarillo, Texas
“Nice hotel to stay at - modern design”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Nice hotel overall. Rooms are nice looking with a recently renovated design. Front desk staff is nice and attentive. Food service in the lobby area is nice to have and serves quite tasty food.

Close to several restaurants and easy access to and from Loop 289.

Like most hotels, the wireless internet access is pretty slow. They advertise high-speed internet, but it's painful sometimes.

If you find this review helpful, please click the YES button below.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Brad E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
California
Reviewed December 13, 2010

As a platinum marriott member, I have never ever ever receved better service at a Marriott property in my life. From check in until check out, i was welcomed, made welcomed, and every need met without staff being overbearing or intrusive. Was told many times "thank you for staying with us". The bar/deli was closed during the day, but the front desk/sales manager/newly trained barista, opened it up and made me an iced latte without me even asking...she just saw me perusing the menu. I was informed that the rooms will be remodeled soon, and while I don't anticipate coming back to Lubbock ever again, if I do I will be staying here.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank sonomatanning
Texas
Reviewed April 13, 2010

There are many great Courtyards out there with plush bedding, nice paint and pictures on the walls, and generally comfy and nice furniture. This is not one of them.

Although this is a fine Courtyard, it's more like a downgraded Fairfield to me. (Speaking of the Fairfield next door, that's even worse). The bed was trampoline-like, but was okay. The pillows were horrific. Imagine a bag of cotton balls in your pillow. Now imagine that someone removed half the cotton balls exactly where your head should be. Add one more image of knowing that every single pillow in your room is identical. For me, this was a big issue because I slept terribly because I just wasn't comfortable. For you, it might be fine.

There are positive features of the hotel: Breakfast buffet in the lobby (for a cost). Hotel is very quiet (unless your screen rattles in the wind like mine did). Location is also quite nice, especially if you don't have a car. You can walk about 100 yards to an Outback, Jason's Deli, or Applebee's. You can walk about 1-2 blocks to a Walmart, essentially next door.

I have not found a great hotel yet in Lubbock for business. The Courtyard sure doesn't win any awards, so I might keep looking. Hopefully it's in line for a renovation in the near future (and the Fairfield too).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Came here on a business trip, and try to stay at Courtyards whenever I can. This is a decent and very clean Courtyard, that has not been upgraded to the new renovated rooms. However, the furniture, bed, and other aspects of the room are in good shape. I was very happy with both the room, and the location (can walk to 4 good restaurants - Outback, Cheddar, Jason's Deli and IHOP - as well as a Wal-Mart, and good freeway access). But was very disappointed in the service. I arrived at 4PM but had to wait 1 hour for a room - no apologies. Front desk clerk was not around and found out he was taking care of his 2 year old daughter rather than manning the desk. There were no evening cookies or morning paper for all three weekdays of my stay, as is typical of other Courtyards. I just think they are lax here about service and have a lot of young people who don't care manning the front desk. Not sure if I would return or not - would need to check out some other places in the area first.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank drichrx
TharaldsonCorporate, Hotel Management Company at Courtyard Lubbock, responded to this review, August 25, 2009
I would like to thank you all for the feedback on our hotel. We value all feedback from our guests and utilize it to evaluate what we are doing right and what can be done to improve each stay for all our guests. We are always open to suggestions as we continuously look for ways to improve our guests’ experiences at our hotel. We desire to address any situation immediately in hopes that you will look to us again in the future when booking a room in Lubbock.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 28, 2008

I almost gave this hotel the Okay, but some problems rating. There were four things that I consider major problems -

1) When I lifted the toilet seat, there was massive poop splash back under the seat! YUCK!!! YUCK!!! YUCK!!!

2) It was 98 degrees and the air conditioning could not keep up. The room was about 85 degrees. At about 2 am it would cool down. By 7 am it was back in the 80's.

3) The internet connection went down on my second day there and never came back up.

4) Very poor breakfast selection. The bananas were black as soot. Why would they leave bananas out there that looked like that? They must have been two or three weeks old.

This is a good location. There are restaurants galore within a mile. Or, you can simply walk to one across the parking lot. The room was reasonably quiet.

The toilet seat adventure absolutely grossed me out!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poop on the toilet seat. YUCK!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Ultimatetravelking
texas
Reviewed April 6, 2008

The Courtyard in Lubbock was very clean and comfortable. The staff was nice and professional. We did not buy the breakfast buffet. There is not a restaurant in the hotel as advertised. Nor did our room have a refridge as advertised. However our stay was very nice. I made a mistake and booked the room through Priceline because I thought that they always offered the lowest price...wrong...I learned my lesson. I ended up paying way too much. I could have saved by calling the Marriott direct or using
I discovered this after the fact and could not cancel my reservation through Priceline-I would have been charged one night +$25.00. I will not trust Priceline or William Shatner again :(
But, I will stay in the Courtyard/Lubbock again :)

• Liked — Clean!
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 22, 2008

After trying more hotels than I care to remember, we finally found the Courtyard. We even request a particular room. The beds are very comfortable. The linens and pillows are top notch. The service could not be better. The staff attempts to make every visit a pleasure. We have done the breakfast on-site (no great shakes; but, not the worst I've ever had). We generally go off-site for breakfast. The happy hour is a self serve-type; but, who cares after you've a drink in hand?? We never stay any place else if we can avoid it.

Stayed February 2007