Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock
Quality Inn & Suites(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$71
$97
$80
$80
Comfort Suites(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$63
ComfortSuites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lubbock North(Lubbock)(Great Value!)
$72
$121
OvertonHotel.com
$76
$64
All reviewsroom was cleanfresh fruitwithin walking distanceindoor pool and hot tubinternet connectionwonderful hotelroad tripother hotelswould stay here againfree breakfastthe loopwalmart
Reviewed April 6, 2007

Spent one night here and it was very nice!
Friendly folks, clean room, wayyy comfy bed, nice pool area, very convenient to lots of shopping and dining.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed July 8, 2006

I just stayed in this hotel one night. I was on the third floor, two doors away from the elevator. You could hear elevator noise only when you were standing just inside the bedroom door. The showerheads are high, the water pressure is great and the bathrooms were clean. The sheets and pillows looked new and spot free and the bed was relatively comfortable. The continental breakfast was typical of a hotel like this (Hampton, H.I. Express etc.) The facility was clean and they had an employee constantly stocking the breakfast bar and cleaning tables. This hotel is within walking distance to Jason Deli, Outback Steakhouse, and Cheddars. You can also walk to Walmart (next door). Overall this hotel was clean, friendly and in my opinion good value for the money. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a decent place to stay in Lubbock.

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank chupahunter
A TripAdvisor Member
Graham, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2006

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Lubbock for our son's college graduation. Returning back to the hotel, we had problems with the plumbing and had to call the front desk. They took care of the problem, but shortly after that we realized our daughters lap top computer had been taken from the room while we were gone to the graduation ceremony. After reporting to the front desk, they told my husband that all they could do was report to Lubbock Police and we could fill out a police report, if we wanted. We did. My husband asked to speak to the manager, but was told that he would be informed, and would be in the next morning. We then waited an hour and a half, for the Lubbock Police which is understandable, but during that time my husband also realized that his entire shaving bag had also vanished from the room. Back to the front desk. We asked if the manager knew that this had happened, and were told yes and that we could speak with him in the morning. At that point one of the front desk guys told us that we had probably left the door open and they were not liable. (We don't think we did.) We were not blaming the guys at the front desk, but they should not have said that to us. I thought that my husband was going to go over the counter to get ahold of the guy. I got my husband back up to the room to wait on the police and he was fine by the time the officer showed up. The next morning my husband had to go out to replace all the items he needed to get ready for the day. (Front desk should have taken the opportunity to offer toothbrush, deodorant, shampoo, etc... but didn't ask if he needed any of that). At 7:00 AM the next morning front desk said the manager would be in at 9. At 9:00 AM they said after church. At 10:00 AM - when we checked out ,they told us he wouldn't be in - it was his day off. My husband is usually the most patient person in the world and the only time he was ever upset was after they told us we probably left the door open.

After we got home, I also realized they had charged us $15 on each of the rooms, per night from what was quoted when I had made the reservations - 6 months earlier. We had 3 rooms for 2 nights each. We wrote a 2 page letter discribing all of this to the manager and the the corporate office and It has now been almost two months and we have yet to hear from anyone regarding any of this. I did contact the 800 number the day after our stay regarding the rate discrepency, but was told because we had already stayed, we needed to contact the hotel.... We spoke to that front desk more than any other hotel we have ever stayed in. I am not anxious to tallk with any of them and am now just waiting for the bill it to show up on my credit card before I deal with it again.

Don't suggest you stay here, it was not a very good experience although I have to say the rooms were very clean (how ironic, - because we were cleaned out too) and the beds were very comfortable, BUT...DON"T STAY HERE - Unless you don't mind spending more and going home with less. Homeowners insurance would cover, but you have a deductible which might be more than the cost of the computer.

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 18, 2006

We stayed on two successive Saturday nights, as a mid-way point to and from skiing in New Mexico. Seemingly one of the few hotels with two queens for <$90, which is very convenient when traveling with kids. Rooms are clean and beds comfortable. Sheet above and below the blanket so no crusty quilt phenomeon. (However, upon checking in second time asked for room exchange on account of suspect carpet stain and smell in initial room). Breakfast is extensive with waffle maker, toaster for bagels, etc. fresh fruit, (boiled eggs?) cereals, etc., although there is an IHOP within the same parking lot for those with more ample appetite. As noted elsewhere, there is a WalMart just down the road. Outback Steakhouse, also adjacent in the parking lot was a disaster: overcooked meat, poor service, and v. rowdy crowd dining out. (Note to self: eat at Cheddars next to Outback next time.) Indoor pool on property in heavy use by others. Internet connection is quite good (no problem for bittorrents). If Fairfield has no rooms, there is a Hampton Inn next door to the left and a Marriott Courtyard to the right.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank Rintintin61
Reviewed November 16, 2005

I had a last minute trip to Lubbock and could only find a Marriott brand room here.

I've been in worse hotels, but with not too much more effort, this could get worse.

My room was okay...had to fight with the A/C to get it to work. I didn't realize that the toilet was screwed up until I'd already been in the room three hours. It was actually the water tank that had problems and I had to take the lid off and adjust the stopper each time I flushed so the tank would fill with water.

Breakfast didn't look too organized or appealing, so I passed.

Probably won't stay here again and wouldn't recommend it either. I'll try to stay at the Springhill Suites down the road next time.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business