“Nice, restful stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock
Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Lubbock
“Nice, restful stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel numerous times while in Lubbock and really have nothing but good to say. The staff is friendly, very helpful, the room is spacious, the bed is comfortable and the hotel very quiet. The hotel property very easyto get to. The complimentary continental breakfast its very good. This is not a high end hotel, but if you need a clean, restful sleep, this would be a good stop. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Palomino60

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Angelo, Tx
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

when first walking in the room looked great, once settled in I took off my shoes to notice that carpets were sticky. I looked at it closer and it seemed that whoever cleans the carpets puts a lot of soap down but doesnt pull it back up- not a floor I want to walk barefoot on so I kept my flip flops on.

Before taking a shower the first night I noticed a lot of dirt and hair in the shower tub and it seemed it was not cleaned at all.

Bed was comfy, good internet, friendly staff. None of that matters if the room is dirty.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
LubbockFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and bringing these issues to our attention. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay. I have addressed the cleaning issues with my housekeeping staff to ensure we provide our guest with the best experience possible. We failed to give you a fresh clean room and hope if you’re in the Lubbock area again, you’ll give us another chance to provide you with a more enjoyable stay.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Clean, quiet room! Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Location was great-close to several reasonably priced restaurants. Great breakfast buffet, stocked with many unusual items like fresh fruit cups and was complete with a Texas-shaped waffle maker. Great stay-will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CecileB85
Hurst, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed her two nights. Clean, easy to get to, nice restaurants just outside the door, everything worked as advertised. I'd stay here again. Booking was through Priceline, so I got a deal.

Room Tip: No real comment here, as PL doesn't allow this.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was expecting much more from a Marriott hotel. The building was old and really worn, but what was really upsetting was the disgusting room. Our bathroom floor was sticky, both mine and my parents showers were greasy feeling and I found blood on our sheets. I requested new linens and when I returned to the room there was a blood stain on the new pillow case. I requested new linens again before we went to a wedding and when we got back really late we found the sheets had still not been changed. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Megan K
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay; please accept my apologies for these unfortunate issues with your room. Our main concern is ensuring we maintain the highest standards of quality and cleanliness that our guests have come to expect; I have advised our staff and housekeeping to focus on the condition of our linens more closely. We appreciate your business, and if you’re ever in our city again, please give us another chance to show you we truly care in providing a clean product and great customer service.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

Traveling through Lubbock, Fairfield Inn provides a reasonable value, clean facility, good location, for a honest price.

• Stayed May 2012
Amarillo, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

First, this is not a nasty hotel, a dump, or anything like that. The poor rating is because of the price and the brand, expectations are not met.

The service was poor. I checked in behind another group. The service was slow getting them checked in and not very friendly whatsoever. When they asked if there was anywhere they could get some water, they told them to look in the vending machine. They said they already had and the lady simply said, "Are you sure, I'm pretty sure they have water" (they didn't). No offer for help or a solution, simply dismissed them. The breakfast area wasn't kept up, a few people had to ask for things to be re-filled, etc.

The property is beginning to show it's age. Very small lobby and breakfast area. The rooms are a decent size with a nice TV, and okay furnishings. Nothing broken or damaged. The towels are literally a pain to dry off with. They are the thinnest hotel towels I've ever had to use.

The air conditioner introduced a LOT of humidity into the room for some reason. My clothes were almost damp when I came back after the day at work. I could live with that if it weren't for the fact that it struggled to keep the room cool and was very loud. Twice I woke up at night and had to try and do something to get the fan to quit rattling.

The hotel is in a pretty good location with a few restaurants nearby, the rooms and hotel are kept pretty clean, room service was fine. Overall this isn't an awful hotel, however it doesn't live up to the Fairfield name or the price of the rooms.

I stayed at this hotel despite the poor reviews here since I was wanting to stay at a Marriott Property and the next door Courtyard didn't have any rooms. In the future I'll either be trying another Marriott property or staying at one of the other much better locations available in Lubbock.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
LubbockFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and bringing these issues to our attention. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying with us. We failed to keep our guest promises, making you feel welcomed and making sure everything worked in the room. We have made changes in our staff along with retraining. Our number one priority is making a good impression and friendliness to all our guests. All maintenances issues have been addressed and corrected. We hope next time you are in this area you will give us the opportunity to make your stay a better one, as we strive to improve our customer service.