“I was very disappointed”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock
Ranked #36 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was expecting much more from a Marriott hotel. The building was old and really worn, but what was really upsetting was the disgusting room. Our bathroom floor was sticky, both mine and my parents showers were greasy feeling and I found blood on our sheets. I requested new linens and when I returned to the room there was a blood stain on the new pillow case. I requested new linens again before we went to a wedding and when we got back really late we found the sheets had still not been changed. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Megan K
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay; please accept my apologies for these unfortunate issues with your room. Our main concern is ensuring we maintain the highest standards of quality and cleanliness that our guests have come to expect; I have advised our staff and housekeeping to focus on the condition of our linens more closely. We appreciate your business, and if you’re ever in our city again, please give us another chance to show you we truly care in providing a clean product and great customer service.

Josie Zapata

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Traveling through Lubbock, Fairfield Inn provides a reasonable value, clean facility, good location, for a honest price.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 11, 2012

First, this is not a nasty hotel, a dump, or anything like that. The poor rating is because of the price and the brand, expectations are not met.

The service was poor. I checked in behind another group. The service was slow getting them checked in and not very friendly whatsoever. When they asked if there was anywhere they could get some water, they told them to look in the vending machine. They said they already had and the lady simply said, "Are you sure, I'm pretty sure they have water" (they didn't). No offer for help or a solution, simply dismissed them. The breakfast area wasn't kept up, a few people had to ask for things to be re-filled, etc.

The property is beginning to show it's age. Very small lobby and breakfast area. The rooms are a decent size with a nice TV, and okay furnishings. Nothing broken or damaged. The towels are literally a pain to dry off with. They are the thinnest hotel towels I've ever had to use.

The air conditioner introduced a LOT of humidity into the room for some reason. My clothes were almost damp when I came back after the day at work. I could live with that if it weren't for the fact that it struggled to keep the room cool and was very loud. Twice I woke up at night and had to try and do something to get the fan to quit rattling.

The hotel is in a pretty good location with a few restaurants nearby, the rooms and hotel are kept pretty clean, room service was fine. Overall this isn't an awful hotel, however it doesn't live up to the Fairfield name or the price of the rooms.

I stayed at this hotel despite the poor reviews here since I was wanting to stay at a Marriott Property and the next door Courtyard didn't have any rooms. In the future I'll either be trying another Marriott property or staying at one of the other much better locations available in Lubbock.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
LubbockFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and bringing these issues to our attention. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying with us. We failed to keep our guest promises, making you feel welcomed and making sure everything worked in the room. We have made changes in our staff along with retraining. Our number one priority is making a good impression and friendliness to all our guests. All maintenances issues have been addressed and corrected. We hope next time you are in this area you will give us the opportunity to make your stay a better one, as we strive to improve our customer service.

Josie Zapata

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Nice, clean, quiet. Lots of reviews here state this is an average Fairfield Inn, which is an accurate- but not derogatory statement. Fairfield is consistent, which is what I like. Everything was clean and comfy, nothing was broken, etc. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good. Directly in front of hotel is an Outback, Cheddar's, ihop, & Jason's deli. Hotel is back far enough from highway that noise isn't an issue.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Cryoking
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Only average for a Courtyard. Needs to upgrade the towels they are almost like sandpaper.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I agree with the others, there's nothing fancy about this hotel. It was clean which is great, the food wasn't too bad although the dining room is VERY small. The elevator is kinda small, but this is Lubbock we are talking about. It has good access and restaurants around it and it's convenient to most of what you need in Lubbock. I would stay here again for business travel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2011

There is really nothing that sticks out about this hotel that can be highlighted. It is relatively inexpensive, so if you are looking for a hotel with no bells and whistles, then it may should be considered. It has your standard bed and bathroom, has easy access to the main highway and is located next to a few restaurants. I did have a funny acting toilet that I was not sure was going to make it through the night, but did. There is no hard line laptop connectivity for secure connection, so everything is wireless other than a "business" computer near the front desk. Overall, its a forgettable hotel that I probably won't stay in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business