“Nice place, hard to find”

Hampton Inn Lubbock
Ranked #19 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is a nice Hampton Inn that is incredibly difficult to find along the highway. It's tucked in behind the Marriott properties and the Jason's Deli. If you miss it, you have to to the crazy Texas turn around thing.

It's conveniently located (once you find it) and if you like chain restaurants, you should be fine with the food options. (I don't like chains but survived)

The rooms are extremely clean- the housekeeping staff take their job seriously.

My only complaint was the constantly running Fox News in the lobby. I'm not looking for breakfast with an agenda. (I don't want MSNBC, either) It would be nice to have some generic morning newscast- the big 3 would be fine- CBS, NBC, ABC- brain candy and weather reports.

Room Tip: I was originally given a first floor room that clearly had been smoked in- recently. They moved me...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Jloreine,
Thank you for your review of the Lubbock Hampton Inn. I am so glad you were able to find us and found our location to be convenient. I can not wait to share your wonderful comments with my housekeeping staff. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed for our son's graduation from Texas Tech. This was a nice hotel. The staff was friendly and courteous. The room was clean and complimentary breakfast was good. Especially enjoyed the waffle maker and waffles! Check in and check out were simple and fast.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Shelley G,
Thank you so much for your amazing review of the Lubbock Hampton Inn! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you here! We can not wait to serve you again!

Warm thanks,

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Hampton´s service never fails. It´ll be difficult to get a room during the week if you don´t make a reservation with at least a week in advance. My wife loved the make-it-yourself Texas shaped waffles

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Juan M,
Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Lubbock Hampton Inn! We love hearing from our happy guests and I can not wait to share your awesome survey with my staff!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Hampton Inn in Lubbock was outstanding! We had a wonderful stay. Close to several great restaurants...we walked to dinner! Afterwards we were able to watch baseball thanks to the wonderful selection of channels offered on our TV.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Lesa A,
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a survey about your stay at the Lubbock Hampton Inn! I am so glad that our convenient location worked well for you. We hope to see you again soon!

Warm thanks,

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Was convenient for the hospital that I visited daily. Went to hospital daily and returned to hotel. Drive was short and nice and quiet. I will never answer another survey from you all again. This is so stupid and I'm not getting anything for answering these dumb questions.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear C0raeb,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about your stay at the Lubbock Hampton Inn! We appreciate it greatly! We hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Kind thanks,

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The only flaw with this hotel is that there was no shampoo. Everything else, but no shampoo. The room was great, the breakfast...beyond my expectations. Everything was great, until I went to shampoo my hair. There were two bottles of lotion and no shampoo...This overshaddowed my entire stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Mr. Leonard,
Thank you so much for filling out a review of the Lubbock Hampton Inn. I'm glad to hear that you found your stay enjoyable, especially our complimentary breakfast. I would like to apologize for the mix up with the lotion instead of shampoo. We will be much more diligent with our in room amenities so that this doesn't happen again. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here before on business trips and have found it acceptable every time. It has a good location. Indoor pool and 1 elevator for this 3 story property. My 3 star rating is what I expect when I stay at any Hampton Inn. This is a good hotel and I recommend it.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Mike60984,
Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Lubbock and for your continued business. I'm glad to know that your stay is always satisfactory. However, I'm sorry that we did not offer you an exceptional experience. We will work even harder to exceed your expectations on your next stay with us.