“Not ideal for business travelers” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Lubbock

Hampton Inn Lubbock
Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Lubbock
Greeley, Colorado, United States
“Not ideal for business travelers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel was nice but the internet connection was too weak for me to work. Very difficult and frustrating while on business travel. There was a good selection for breakfast items and the workout room was okay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

LubbockHI_GM, Manager at Hampton Inn Lubbock, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Lubbock. We truly appreciate all the feedback we receive from out guests. We are always looking for ways to improve upon our breakfast, so I am glad to hear you appreciated the wide selections available. Our fitness facility is new and we would love to hear any suggestions you may have to make it better. I do apologize that our internet did not meet your needs. I am in contact with AT&T to create some solutions to hopefully prevent the slowing of our internet speeds during our peak access times. Once again I would like to thank you for your comments and suggestions and I hope to see you again at the Hampton Inn Lubbock.

Andy Booker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
BILLINGS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is not a good value for $134/night! Upon arriving we checked in with ease and went to our 3rd floor King room and realized there had been a smoker in our room and they tried to cover it up. We could not change rooms and also noticed on the Hilton website that it was a 5 star property, it's not, maybe a 4. Clean but a little dingy room, coffee pot with cups was under the bathroom sink--a little gross. Over all we slept well but were glad it was a quick in and out.
Hampton Inns in general should stop using powdered eggs!!! The rest of the breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review of the Hampton Inn Lubbock. Your comments and suggestions help us improve our service for every guest. I am glad that you slept well and enjoyed your breakfast. I am disappointed that our eggs are being mistaken for powdered so I will be working directly with our food vendors to come up with better brands on several breakfast items.
Also I am very sorry about the smoke smell in your room. Our Hampton is a 100% smoke-free facility. Unfortunately not everyone honors this policy so we have a procedure for neutralizing the smoke smell. Obviously in this case we came up short. I have addressed this with my staff to stop it from happening in the future. Also, we are looking into alternative places to keep our coffee makers while still giving our guests the room to live and work without feeling cluttered while they are in their rooms.
We strive to provide all of our guests a comfortable and productive stay at a reasonable price, but unfortunately, we let you down. I hope you will give us another chance to show you how much you mean to us on your next visit to Lubbock.

Andy Booker
Seminole, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have always had good service at Hampton Inns and this was no exception. Check in was speedy plus they had coffee/tea available 24/7 which is always a nice touch. The beds and pillows were comfy and the room clean. The only downfall to this hotel was that the pool is only 3 1/2 feet deep! If you like to swim like we do you will be highly disappointed. The hot tub was broken which was a double whammy in our opinion. We didn't stay for breakfast because the dining area is super small and was quite crowded. Next time we will try the other Hampton Inn in Lubbock.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

roanoke, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed at this property for a half ironman event. The staff was so accommodating to the athletes and family members. The property was clean and inviting. Highly recommend this property and will return for future stays.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

lubbock, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

A good stay and worth going back to this location. THe fact that I have to type 200 characters for this review is the only downside that I had with my stay. I started this survey thinking I was helping, but instead now I have to type 200 characters to submit it and get on to the next screen.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

good clean hotel with good location in lubbock tx. nice staff, a little hard to find off the loop but overall meets the need nicely. morning food was good, gym a bit minimal but okay as i was alone there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Lubbock, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

The room and lobby was clean. The bed was comfortable. The staff greeted me as soon as I walked in and were very welcoming. I even got a courtesy phone call about 20 or 30 minutes after I got into my room to make sure the room was ok and to check to see if I needed anything. The breakfast was good. I like my rooms cold and the A/C worked great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business