“ENJOYED”

Ranked #61 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
A TripAdvisor Member
freeport
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The only BAD thing was the WI FI service was messed up after the 2ND night. So I was unable to get on the internet. The rest of my hotel experiance was great.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was no great hotel but it met our needs for a plce to shower and sleep. Internet, pool, free parking and breakfast. Worth what I paid for about half a hundred. AC was loud, but cool, sheets were clean, towels clean but small. Service OK not overly friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Oh my God this was a terrible and Wyndham/Howard Johnsons should be ashamed of this hotel. The carpet was dirty, the curtains grimy, the bathtub floor peeling, pillows that had seen their better days, and guys drinking beer and loitering outside. I felt very uneasy as i unloaded our car because i noticed those same guys rubber necking/ casing my car for what looked to be a nightime raid. Every fiber of my body screamed leave this place and so we checked out 15 minutes after we checked in. Please, please, don't ever consider this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Grappler_11
Reviewed February 21, 2011

The first morning our door was opened while we were in the room at 8:00 a.m . Went to the breakfast bar & was stopped by the bar patrol for taking a bagle to our room for my wife,This has never happened before in all my years of travel.The next morning on a Sunday house cleaning was vacuuming the room next to us @ 7.So next time if I seen this motel I would drive the extra mile to avoid it.The only ice macine for this place is in the lobby so you need to bring your own ice plus not to mention they save an extra $ by not using trash can liners (nasty wouldnt you think?)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2010

I arrived 2 hours early and was able to check in early~They were very helpful, polite and let me check out an hour after check out time. My room was very clean with many amenities including refrigerator, microwave, hair~dryer and free continental breakfast! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone...Made my trip to see my son graduate "Perfect"!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Scary part of town. Seriously feared for my life and I'm NO sissy. Rooms were the pits, private club directly across street, and undesirables wandering the parking lot all night.
Booked three nights...stayed about 3 minutes. Went and slept at sons apartment on floor for the duration of trip. PLEASE stay somewhere else-especially with children.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We read the reviews of this hotel before we left and should of listened to them.The people were very rude. the first room they put us in the door jam was broke off like someone had kicked in the door.The second room they put us in they had dirty towels for us to use.I was so upset with the staff and the room that we could not enjoy our stay.
After seeing the room we were afraid to use the pool.I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.I wish I would of listened to other reviews and not stayed.So please listen to this one.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple