“Questionable Commitment to Excellence, here”

Days Inn Lubbock South
Ranked #42 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I chose this hotel for its lower price--I got what I paid for. There were several annoyances that started with the front desk staff and continued throughout the entire stay. Our room was dingy with carpet that has seen its better days. Staying in a room that opens onto the contained pool courtyard is a bit noisy, so would recommend you avoid that if you wish for a little peace and quiet. A compact fluorescent bulb flickered constantly in our room (even though the switch was off) and like the other guests have commented--this hotel really needs to consider investing in a new supply of linens. The breakfasts are continental for the most part--you can make yourself a waffle, however. The location is handy, as well. I stay at Wyndham chain hotels frequently and I don't think this hotel lives up to their standard...but like I said...it was cheap.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Reviewed August 13, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I gave this hotel a second chance but never again! I checked in and got to the room to find a bug in the bathtub and tons of nasty hair in the drain! No toilet paper or towels in the room and when I called for them they were out! I was told that I could get a bath mat! And that would help me how? Do not waste your money!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Reviewed August 6, 2013

For an economy hotel, you get what you get. However, this one was not even on the radar of average. It was sub par. For one, there were no towels in the room and when we asked for them, we were told they were having a towel shortage? How do you have a towel shortage unless you don't have an ample supply to begin with? The other guests that were in our traveling party checked into their room only to find that it hadn't been cleaned. Like others have posted, the cleanliness of the guest rooms and common areas left little to be desired. The worst part of the stay wasn't the towels, though. It was the staff's lack of following the posted pool hours. The last night in our stay, there were kids yelling and screaming in the pool (which was located right outside our room) long after the 10 p.m. posted pool closing hour. But trying to get staff on the phone to complain proved futile at best. No working phones in the room and when I called the front desk from my cell phone, it just rang and rang and rang. Doubt that I will be traveling to the Lubbock area any time soon, but when I'm there again, I'll go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Bring your own towels, and make sure you take a room located on the outside.