“BEDBUGS”

Days Inn Lubbock South
Ranked #45 of 68 Hotels in Lubbock
“BEDBUGS”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Disgusting...we woke up in the middle of the night to bed bug bites and found multiple bed bugs in the bed. We spoke to the desk clerk who also visualized the bugs and moved us to a different room. In the morning we spoke to the manager who refused to give us a refund despite seeing the bites and the confirmation from the night clerk until an exterminator came. Eventually they did confirm that bedbugs were present and agreed to comp our stay but our things were potentially infested. The manager admitted there had been bedbug infestations here in the past. Now we have a potential problem to worry about while driving across country and no compensation was offered for dry cleaning or or inconvenience. Do yourself a favor and find a different hotel to stay in.

• Stayed August 2012
Cynthia A, General Manager at Days Inn Lubbock South, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. This single incident was the first since a new policy was put into place on reports of bedbugs. Yes a licensed profesionally was immediately brought in to verify report. We take this matter serious, but we also investigate the report. The exterminator gave advice on how we could "clean" your belongings without damaging or destroying luggage and clothing since this was a cross country trip. We made sure this was handled before you left the hotel. I apologize for the inconvienence and hope you give us another chance. I would be more than happy to give you a nice discount on your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Colorado
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Best price I could get for Texas Tech move-in weekend. It worked just fine for getting a night's rest. Clean parking lot and clean inside. I didn't see a single bug. Comp breakfast was decent and staff was ok. It is extremely hot on the inside because of the pool and hot tub being indoors. It was a little hard to get to because I had to make an U-turn off highway and drive through another company's parking lot to get to it. The double bed room was spacious and had fridge, microwave and ironing board. I would stay there again if the price was right.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about the Days Inn South in Lubbock, Texas. We appreciate the time that our guests take to fill us in with responses to our services. We take these comments very seriously and use them to improve on a daily basis. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you again for your kind words!

Lubbock
Reviewed July 8, 2012

the room was not as clean as it should have been. housekeeping didnt come until 10 am the day of checkout. we asked for more towels from the night clerk and she was rude. on the plus side the pool was clean and the waffles were good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your comments about the Days Inn & Suite South in Lubbock, Texas. All of your concerns are being addressed with my staff. I take these comments very seriously and use them to improve on a daily basis. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I appreciate you staying with us.

Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

We used to really enjoy staying here eventhough it is not the easiest to get to but we enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. Lately we have noticed that the house keeping Ian't as good as.it used to be and the rooms are starting to look unmaintained. Last time we booked the King Suite because if the indivigual whirlpool rub non existant and they just have plywood over the whole they we kept tripping over thank goodness the couch was close so we didn't' fall far. They did offer for us to stay at another sacility that they own but we were very tired and just stayed. Need to take care of Maint. And update website on King Suites. False advertising.

• Stayed May 2012

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel is pretty good, there are no frills but the rooms are clean and comfortable with a fair choice of breakfast items, waffles, bagels, fruit, cereals, muffins, juices, tea, coffee, chocolate etc.

Staff wee friendly and helpful. The breakfast area is quite nice and there is a small pool indoors.

This place is slightly above average for most other places of its type.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Williamson County, Texas
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I selected this property because I trusted the Days Inn brand (there goes that) and was really looking forward to the Jacuzzi tub mentioned in the description of the room I selected. Upon arrival we were assigned room 132, which apparently used to have a Jacuzzi but now has a cheap, worn loveseat in the corner with the 2x4s still on the walls that undoubtedly used to support the tub. The plumbing connections are just hanging from the wall and the carpeting was "patched" by laying a piece of the carpeting on the floor without regard to the pattern and without sewing it into the main carpet.

I went to the desk and the clerk confessed (politely and sheepishly) that none of the rooms have Jacuzzi tubs -- "the Internet information is wrong." I accepted a discount in the price to $55 as we really didn't want to find another property after 5 p.m. for a one-night stay. Really, how long would it take to correct the listing?

Looking around the room here are a few more things I noticed:

The door doesn't really fit tightly into the frame -- at least it's a pleasant temperature outside but in hot or cold weather this could be a problem.

The furniture is cheap and suffering from a need for wood glue and hand tools to tighten things up (one leg on the table at the end of the bed was coming off so I shoved it back in place but it won't stay there). The upholstered furniture is "butt sprung" (I don't know what you call the sit and sink effect in your family). I'm used to hotel furniture being built like a tank. I won't go into detail on the stains.

The carpet is attractive but poorly jointed with frayed edges at the joint lines.

I do really like the paint job, the colors are attractive and it is a quality paint job. But the post-paint damage to the wall is poorly patched.

There are two remotes for the TV but neither of them work. Fortunately there are buttons on the side of the screen that allow for manual adjustments of channel and volume.

We haven't tried the bed yet but it looks clean (my husband had to finish putting on the fitted bottom sheet but that's a minor point).

An accurate description would have meant I wouldn't have stayed here and my formerly positive opinion of Days Inn would still be intact.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank Traveller02478
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This hotel at Days Inn is a great place next to Texas Tech University with a way to walk to a lot of shops across from the university. This is a wonderful city to visit with great people and the representatives at this hotel are great and will contact you to make sure that everything is fine and will give you directions to get where you need to go. Hope to come back here reall soon.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel may be quieter as the front faces a major highway so if you are...