“Used to be our favorite low priced hotel, but has not been kept up.”

Days Inn Lubbock South
Ranked #42 of 70 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

We used to really enjoy staying here eventhough it is not the easiest to get to but we enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. Lately we have noticed that the house keeping Ian't as good as.it used to be and the rooms are starting to look unmaintained. Last time we booked the King Suite because if the indivigual whirlpool rub non existant and they just have plywood over the whole they we kept tripping over thank goodness the couch was close so we didn't' fall far. They did offer for us to stay at another sacility that they own but we were very tired and just stayed. Need to take care of Maint. And update website on King Suites. False advertising.

• Stayed: May 2012
Cynthia A, General Manager at Days Inn Lubbock South, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your comments about the Days Inn & Suite South in Lubbock, Texas. All of your concerns are being addressed with my staff. I take these comments very seriously and use them to improve on a daily basis. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. I appreciate you staying with us.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel is pretty good, there are no frills but the rooms are clean and comfortable with a fair choice of breakfast items, waffles, bagels, fruit, cereals, muffins, juices, tea, coffee, chocolate etc.

Staff wee friendly and helpful. The breakfast area is quite nice and there is a small pool indoors.

This place is slightly above average for most other places of its type.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments about the Days Inn South in Lubbock, Texas. We appreciate the time that our guests take to fill us in with responses to our services. We take these comments very seriously and use them to improve on a daily basis. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you again for your kind words!

We appreciate you choosing us,

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I selected this property because I trusted the Days Inn brand (there goes that) and was really looking forward to the Jacuzzi tub mentioned in the description of the room I selected. Upon arrival we were assigned room 132, which apparently used to have a Jacuzzi but now has a cheap, worn loveseat in the corner with the 2x4s still on the walls that undoubtedly used to support the tub. The plumbing connections are just hanging from the wall and the carpeting was "patched" by laying a piece of the carpeting on the floor without regard to the pattern and without sewing it into the main carpet.

I went to the desk and the clerk confessed (politely and sheepishly) that none of the rooms have Jacuzzi tubs -- "the Internet information is wrong." I accepted a discount in the price to $55 as we really didn't want to find another property after 5 p.m. for a one-night stay. Really, how long would it take to correct the listing?

Looking around the room here are a few more things I noticed:

The door doesn't really fit tightly into the frame -- at least it's a pleasant temperature outside but in hot or cold weather this could be a problem.

The furniture is cheap and suffering from a need for wood glue and hand tools to tighten things up (one leg on the table at the end of the bed was coming off so I shoved it back in place but it won't stay there). The upholstered furniture is "butt sprung" (I don't know what you call the sit and sink effect in your family). I'm used to hotel furniture being built like a tank. I won't go into detail on the stains.

The carpet is attractive but poorly jointed with frayed edges at the joint lines.

I do really like the paint job, the colors are attractive and it is a quality paint job. But the post-paint damage to the wall is poorly patched.

There are two remotes for the TV but neither of them work. Fortunately there are buttons on the side of the screen that allow for manual adjustments of channel and volume.

We haven't tried the bed yet but it looks clean (my husband had to finish putting on the fitted bottom sheet but that's a minor point).

An accurate description would have meant I wouldn't have stayed here and my formerly positive opinion of Days Inn would still be intact.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
1  Thank Traveller02478
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This hotel at Days Inn is a great place next to Texas Tech University with a way to walk to a lot of shops across from the university. This is a wonderful city to visit with great people and the representatives at this hotel are great and will contact you to make sure that everything is fine and will give you directions to get where you need to go. Hope to come back here reall soon.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel may be quieter as the front faces a major highway so if you are...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Cynthia A, General Manager at Days Inn Lubbock South, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for your comments about the Days Inn & Suites South in Lubbock, Texas. We appreciate the time that our guests take to fill us in with responses to our services. We take these comments very seriously and use them to improve on a daily basis. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you again for your kind words!

We appreciate you choosing us,

Reviewed March 7, 2012

We recently stayed in this hotel. We were in town over the weekend for a family related visit. During our 4 night stay at this hotel there were many issues. This is just an overview the problems with this hotel:

1. LOCATION: This has to be the hardest hotel to get to. It's right off the highway but hard to access. It's also in a less than ideal location. It's next to nothing ( no food/ drug store within walking distance). It's in front of the Coca-Cola bottling plant.

2. NOISE: We were given rooms inside (half are inside, half are outside). They were located near the front end of the hotel, by the breakfast area. When we arrived, the hotel was empty and there were not many other guests. However, on the weekend there was a baseball tournament and the place was packed with unsupervised children, therefore we were woken up by them. Noise carries greatly in this hotel. The pool/spa are located in the courtyard and you can hear everything when someone is in them. If there is someone in the room above you, you can hear their every move.

3. ROOM: The rooms are "remodeled". There are places where the carpet is not attached to the wall. The pillows they give you barely pass for pillows, perhaps that is why they give you so many. Housecleaning will just barge in (no knock) regardless of whether or not you have a do not disturb sign on the door. They will not fully replace the towels, we only got a limited amount and had to ask for more. They don't restock the same amount each time.

I realize that we got what we paid for but I would never recommend this hotel to anyone, ever. Considering it's Lubbock, there is a ton of reasonably priced hotels that I am sure are much better than this dump. We booked on Hotels.com so we were stuck with a non refundable rate, otherwise I don't even think we would have ever checked in here, we would have taken our money elsewhere in a heart beat. Whatever you do, don't stay here, it's not worth the hassle of getting there. Not to mention it's not close to anything and you are in a horrible area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 18, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel several times since the remodel a few years back, and never had any issues. The hotel is on the outskirts of town with no restaurants or stores close by, but due to the price I either brought food to the hotel or ordered pizza. I always check for bed bugs upon check-in, but never saw any until here. There were 4 live ones that I found, along w/ about a dozen dead 'skeleton' looking ones. I immediately went to the front desk, who claimed that he'd never seen any, so I took him & showed him. He offered to change my room to the one next door, but I requested the opposite side of the hotel. That one was bug-free, but after a thorough inspection I saw filth that should have been cleaned better. The new furnishings & decor look nice, but stay at your own risk!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I was a little disappointed this time. I booked the King Suite they said it had a jetted tub, but it doesn't. But the room overall is big and clean. Nice sitting area. Great hot tub and pool. They did offer to send us to another property they owned but we didn't want to.

• Stayed: January 2012