“We had an excellent waitress named Joan...”
Review of Manna Bread & Wine - CLOSED

Manna Bread & Wine
Cuisines: American, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Canyon Lake, TX (near Austin)
“We had an excellent waitress named Joan...”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We had an excellent waitress named Joan who recommended a Mcmannis Petite Sirah that was also outstanding. Being Monday it was half price so the bottle was only 14.50. We had the wild game grilled meatloaf with a salad instead of th potatoes so it was not only tasty but also low carb and healthy. A really nice find in Lubbock.

Maryland
“Outstanding”
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Outstanding food as well as service. Cozy place with nice atmosphere located in a very small and quaint shopping mall.

Lubbock, Texas, USA
“Romantic Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 15, 2010

My husband and I went to Manna for my birthday. I wanted something good, but not super fancy. It was perfect! He got the Don Eduardo and I got the Pastitsio. He won: the sauce on the Don Eduardo was wonderful. Mine was very good, but nothing out of the ordinary. He got a glass of the Norton Malbec on recommendation from the waiter, and really enjoyed it. The restaurant's atmosphere was really nice and quiet, the waiter was there right when we needed him but not overbearing. A very quaint restaurant with a great atmosphere.

Houston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My husband & I are new to Lubbock and...”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

My husband & I are new to Lubbock and were looking for a nice place to eat. Chose Manna because of Trip Advisor's reviews, and lovedd it. Great service, flounder in cream sauce was perfect & wine reasonably priced. We will be going back real soon!

Texas
“Great concept, good food, disappointing service”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

So we don't get out much. In the rare event that we do, such as for a birthday celebration, or as with our most recent visit to Manna on July 1st, our anniversary, it is particularly disappointing when food, atmosphere or service let's us down. The atmosphere is quaint and very comfortable. The wine list is extensive and they offer many wines by the glass and as well in flights. I am very impressed by how they embrace wine and wine culture, offering to the consumer educational wine flights at very reasonable prices. HUGE thumbs up for that. The food too is quite nice. They have an eclectic mix of interesting tapas and entrees...kudos for that as well. Our main problem was with the service. Our waitress, although very friendly, was not very responsive or intuitive. I sensed perhaps she was ready to go home and was hoping that we would get the cue?? Our water refills took too long. I was not asked if I wanted a second glass of wine (strange and unexpected given this place is touted as a great place to experience wine). I "heard" that they have fabulous desserts, but I wouldn't know. As soon as my wife and I finished our "celebratory anniversary dinner", our waitress presented the bill without asking if we wanted coffee, wine or dessert??? I so want to like that place...(great wine selection and pricing, really good food, great atmosphere), but with service like that it makes it hard. Our negative experience was 100% caused by waitstaff. I still recommend this establishment if you are in the area. Everyone has a bad day from time to time....