“LOVE this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Manna Bread & Wine - CLOSED

Manna Bread & Wine
Cuisines: American, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Texas
“LOVE this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

All the chain restaurants had a 45 minute wait. No waiting time at this very romantic, super nice little restaurant. We were helped right away. Great service and very good food. Can't wait to go again!

Visited February 2013

Austin, Texas
“Lazy and lovely afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had lunch there recently, ordered a burger with salad--great choice. The burger was fat and juicy (although the bacon, grilled mushrooms, and grilled green chiles I added didn't hurt!) and it was without a doubt the best I've had in awhile. Sat at the bar--very cozy on a cold afternoon.

The wine was good, service beyond reproach, and food was fab. I still love this place. It is unique. Kudos Manna--keep it up.

• Visited February 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“Horrible management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

At first, I liked this restaurant. Despite their limited menu, what they did offer tasted satisfactory. What turned me off, however, was their poor management. I saw one girl working constantly, and all the others were slacking off. This girl was seating people, bussing tables, getting bread and water to guests...every time I saw her, she was hard at work while the others did nothing but get mad at her for not doing more things. This girl visited my table three times: to serve water, to serve bread, and to ask if we were doing all right, before my party was even visited by our waiter. I honestly don't know how she could possibly do any more that what she was. During this time, I saw a few of the managers in the bar area talking. That was the last straw. This disrespectful and unacceptable management is what convinced me to never eat here again.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Cathy C
Lubbock, Texas, United States
“Best Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have eaten here for dinner and lunch and it was fantastic. The meatloaf is divine and the king crab, avocado, mango nachos are my favorite,but sometimes I will mix it up and get the ancho Chilie shrimp or a peanut pork appetizer. BUT my favorite is their Sunday Brunch. I got free fruit and bread with my pumpkin almond pancakes. The spreads with the bread were original and yummy. I am REALLY impressed with their brunch and will be back again and again! Food prices are good but drinks are more than the college bars around town...but well worth it!

• Visited January 2013
Lubbock, TX
“Nothing special...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Pricey food and appetizers, slow preparation of food, three meals served 15 minutes before the 4th. Inexcusable when you consider the 4th was Ahi Tuna!!!

• Visited October 2012