“Horrible management”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

At first, I liked this restaurant. Despite their limited menu, what they did offer tasted satisfactory. What turned me off, however, was their poor management. I saw one girl working constantly, and all the others were slacking off. This girl was seating people, bussing tables, getting bread and water to guests...every time I saw her, she was hard at work while the others did nothing but get mad at her for not doing more things. This girl visited my table three times: to serve water, to serve bread, and to ask if we were doing all right, before my party was even visited by our waiter. I honestly don't know how she could possibly do any more that what she was. During this time, I saw a few of the managers in the bar area talking. That was the last straw. This disrespectful and unacceptable management is what convinced me to never eat here again.

1  Thank Cathy C

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have eaten here for dinner and lunch and it was fantastic. The meatloaf is divine and the king crab, avocado, mango nachos are my favorite,but sometimes I will mix it up and get the ancho Chilie shrimp or a peanut pork appetizer. BUT my favorite is their Sunday Brunch. I got free fruit and bread with my pumpkin almond pancakes. The spreads with the bread were original and yummy. I am REALLY impressed with their brunch and will be back again and again! Food prices are good but drinks are more than the college bars around town...but well worth it!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Pricey food and appetizers, slow preparation of food, three meals served 15 minutes before the 4th. Inexcusable when you consider the 4th was Ahi Tuna!!!

1  Thank tshubert
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

If you go to Manna Bread and Wine you are in for a treat, I assure you. The crab, mango, and avacado nachos are wonderful. Their handmade dressings (especially the orange cream vinegarette) are very flavorful. Warning: the Yellowfin Fandango (I think that's the name?) has a very spicy sauce, but so delicious. The meatloaf is the best I've ever had. Lastly, the coconut cake is OUT OF THIS WORLD. You can't go wrong. The service was speedy, the waiter was knowledgable and friendly, and the atmosphere was quaint and romantic. We will definitely be going back for more.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Went to brunch at Manna Bread and Wine Sunday morning. The food was very good. Funky atmosphere, pretty laid back. Would definitely go again--maybe next time for an evening meal.