“Great experience!”

Orlando's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 588 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Orlando s Italian Restaurant has been serving our "Tex-Italian" (Texas Monthly gave us that moniker) cuisine since opening its original 24th & Ave. Q location in 1965.
“Great experience!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Our visit to Orlando's was fantastic! We enjoyed the Madia Queso, green chile potato soup, and the pizza. We both loved the honey wheat pizza crust, which was suggested by our awesome waiter. Our waiter, Tom (?), was very helpful, friendly, and attentive. We will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013

Lubbock, Texas
“Eh, average, not great!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Its no Olive Garden! Orlando's prides themselves on their food. Not really sure what would make them unique. Their sauce tastes like Ragu. and its over priced. Their drinks are good, but thats about it. OH Wait! Their fried mushrooms are killer! That would be the only reason I would go back. Service is just average..not real attentive.

Visited October 2012
Lubbock, Texas
“My favorite local place!!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great customer service!!!! I had a retirement party for a friend and they were very accomodating for our group of 20 people. Good variety of choices. Everything tastes fresh!!! Always a winner!!!!!

Visited February 2013
Leonard, Texas
“Great Italian Food for West Texas!!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We normally hit Orlando's at least once on our visit to Lubbock. This time we went 2 nights in a row. You always get good food, large quantity and a decent price here.

Visited April 2013
Andrews, TX
“Good service but average food”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We ate here based on TA reviews, so we had dishes that were recommended by other reviewers. Maybe they were having an off day, but nothing we had was great.

First, we started with the mafia queso. I figured if they sold t-shirts about it, it must be good. The menu described it as "blazing hot" and indicated that it had green chiles, meat, and alfredo sauce. Sounded good. And it was good, but it tasted pretty much just like any other queso. There wasn't enough meat in it to notice, and the green chiles added some spice but there weren't enough of them either. I never would have guessed that it had alfredo sauce in it. It was fine, but not worth the $8 they charge for it. It was served with chips and 2 slices of garlic bread. The chips were good, thin and lightly seasoned, and the bread was also good.

For my entree, I had the green chile chicken pizza on wheat crust. It was good. I wouldn't call it delicious, but it was good. The crust was flavorful, but the toppings were bland, with the only flavor coming from the few chiles. There was not much sauce on it, if any, so it tasted like chicken, cheese,and chiles. I like those things, so no problem there, but it seems they missed an opportunity to make it great.

My mom had the green chile chicken fettucine, based on the rave reviews it's gotten. We were looking forward to it. It was a disappointment. It was dry. It's kind of hard to explain, but there was some dry-ish "stuff" on the pasta which gave it the flavor and some texture: garlic and herbs and crushed almonds. The chicken and green chiles were adequate. But the overall effect was dry, as there was no sauce, oil, or cheese. It wasn't bad, just not great. Again, it seems that they came close to making a really delicious dish, but they stopped short.

My daughter's entree was the opposite. Hers was wet. She ordered the kid's pasta with garlic butter sauce. Her bowl was half full of melted butter, and each time she lifted her fork, she dripped butter all over the table and down her chin. She liked the flavor, but as she got deeper into the butter, she started complaining that she couldn't eat it and that "people could die from eating this much butter." And she's not even slightly health conscious.

So overall, the food was good but not great, and probably not worth the price. The portions were satisfactory. The restaurant was clean and the atmosphere was pleasant. Even though the parking lot and restaurant were full, we were seated immediately and received friendly and attentive service from our server and someone who was perhaps a supervisor or manager. I wouldn't object to going there again, but I don't think I would choose to go there.