“Bring a gas mask.”

Triple J Chophouse And Brew Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Triple J Chophouse And Brew Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 631 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 19th St.
Transit: Citibus stop - intersection of 19th & Buddy Holly Ave.
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I've eaten here three times. Each time I leave wondering why I came. For starters, let's fix the ventilation system. Better yet, install one! The kitchen opens up into the restaurant, and smoke hood over the grill does not work very well. By the time you leave, you smell like the kitchen. As for the food, I've not been impressed. It's not bad, but I don't feel it's any better than average.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

If you're looking for a brewpub, this is the only one within hours. Unfortunately, I think this may have led them to let their quality slip a little.

Let's start with the important part: the beer. Their website, which apparently hasn't been updated in years, has a two page list of house brews. On any given day, you might find five on tap. The lighter colored beers (pale ales, etc) have all had a peculiar taste to them that almost seems like dish soap. Their porter is pretty good, though, and their oatmeal stout is terrific.

As for the food - it's hit or miss. I worked a series of events out there that put me in the restaurant every night, ordering the same thing (not my choice) for four dinners in a row. The quality from night to night varied tremendously. Sometimes, we had to send things back and have it re-cooked. Other times, it was perfect right off the bat.

One big complaint about the place: for a brewpub, they're missing one of the biggest staple foods there is: burgers. Honestly, what self respecting brewpub doesn't at least have a basic hamburger on the menu?

Atmosphere gets marked off because, while it's a cool looking place, they often have live "entertainment" that does nothing but force you to have to talk louder to the people sitting right across the table.

I guess I can recommend the place - but only as a "try it if you're looking for a brewpub." If you just want a bite to eat, or beer that you can get at any other bar (or store), go somewhere else.

Oh...and they aren't open Sundays. Seriously.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Great food, fun atmosphere! I usually order the Chicken Fried steak, it is a melt in your mouth kind of good. The mashed potatoes (which are GREAT) compliment it very well. They have a little bit of everything from steaks and chicken to fire oven aked pizza. They also brew their own beer!!!

Reviewed July 29, 2010

Enjoyed the crafted beer a lot. My rib eye was over medicated with spices and not the best cut of meat I have had but my colleague's filet was better than most. Give this place a try if not for the food, definitely for the brew.

Reviewed May 9, 2010

We were only in Lubbock for one night and ate here for dinner. We're vegetarians and were drawn here because they brew their own beer and we are big beer snobs. We figured we'd just 'settle' for the typical non-meat appetizer and a dinner salad but were pleasantly surprised that they had pizzas on the menu. I had the margarita pizza and it was one of the best I've had. The atmosphere is fun and upbeat and the prices are extremely reasonable.