“Tasty food, fun atmosphere”

Triple J Chophouse And Brew Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Triple J Chophouse And Brew Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 589 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 19th St.
Transit: Citibus stop - intersection of 19th & Buddy Holly Ave.
Lubbock, Texas
“Tasty food, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I work in a lonely office so sometimes I just want to be around people. This is a great place to come when I'm feeling that way. Great atmosphere - bar, live music, neat decor. They brew their own been (red and brown ales are my favorite) and it's generally a fun place to meet for drinks. I also enjoy the food. The bacon-wrapped filet special is my favorite thing to order here and you get a lot of food for the price.

• Visited November 2013

Houston, Texas
“A really good atmospheric place to eat”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My family and I ate here at lunchtime during a recent trip to Lubbock. When we got outside the place I had an immedidate flashback, and realised I must have eaten here back in 2005 when I was on a business trip; it certainly looked pretty much the same, with an elevated row of tables on one side.

What I like about this place most of all is that atmosphere, with the service and food quality coming a close second. The eating area is adorned with pictures, artifacts and memorabilia from all over Texas and beyond, adding real character and interest to your dining experience (it's almost like being in a museum). Our food was warm and comforting, and our waitress was lively and cheerful. And all at a good price.

I would definitely recommend eating here, and will definintely head in this direction on my next Panhandle trip.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank OilRover
“Good food, average beer”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

The sidewinder appetizers were tasty and the green chili chicken was good as well. The beers were a disappointment, really not the strong suit of this place.

Visited December 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great Meal”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Three of us ate dinner and each had a different steak and all of us were very pleased with the service and food. The Triple J was recommended to us and after several disappointing meals in Lubbock we were about to write off the entire town, but this place was excellent. We were a little nervous when we saw the location and exterior, but were very pleased when we saw the interior. The atmosphere was great and service was excellent. Two different owner/managers stopped at our table and were sincerely interest in making sure we were pleased with our meal and service.
We also had the shrimp stuffed Jalapenos as an appetizer and the Apple Dumpling with vanilla ice cream (made in the restaurant) for desert. Both were outstanding. The Triple J is one of those out of the way places that should not be missed.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank David D
Snohomish, Washington
“A good meal”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I wanted to take her daughter and son-in-law out to a nice dinner while visiting them over Thanksgiving. They had mention the Triple J, and I did my usual reviews search to see how it was rated. I try not to give to much weight to the "over the top" reviews or, the ones that totally "trash" on a restaurant (unless that is what most all the reviews say). Anyway, after our experience, I was surprised that I had read more than a few that were unhappy with their experience. The staff was very pleasant. We had made a reservation and were seated immediately after entering. They were prompt in getting our orders; delivered our orders in a timely manner and did a good job of checking in with us along the way to see how we were doing. An owner or manager stopped by our table towards the end of our meal and asked us if the meal was good and if our server had taken care of us. All we could say was...yes!
We all had steaks...different cuts...and we're very happy with the preparation. As much as I saw in other reviews how disappointed some people were that their steaks were not delivered as ordered, I had my concerns. I believe our steaks were prepared as ordered and tasted great! The sides were also very tasty and overall the meal was great. We tried the beer sampler so we could all taste test before placing our individual beer orders. I wasn't disappointed with the brews, but coming from the NW, these beers don't stand up to our local micro-breweries up north. That's not to say they are not good, just not AS good. :-)
The only negative of the night was the delay in getting our second beer order delivered. Apparently the bar was getting backed up, but our waitress did stop by and inform us about the delay.
Another complaint I read in other reviews was the about the pricing. Apparently there are a lot of people who thought the meals were "over priced". What??!
All of our steak dinners ranged between $18-$24...depending on the size and cut. I had the 12oz ribeye with the pepper honey glaze that was the most expensive at $24. That includes the vegetable side I had along with a salad. All 4 of our meals...including our beers...total= $102.00. That's an awesome deal as far as I'm concerned.
Overall we had a fine experience and were very happy with the service and the food. Thumbs up!

• Visited November 2013