“Triple J is a Must!”

Triple J Chophouse And Brew Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Triple J Chophouse And Brew Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 619 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 19th St.
Transit: Citibus stop - intersection of 19th & Buddy Holly Ave.
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I love this restaurant! I've only been here once but it was wonderful. The Cactus Queso Blanco "appe-teaser" is to die for. If you're a fan of spinach and artichoke dip and/or you love zesty, creamy, cheesy white queso, then this dish is for you. The house-made wontons are great too! My steak was cooked to perfection and was very juicy. My mother had the pecan-crusted tilapia and it was a little overcooked but was still full of flavor. The kid's menu is very well priced and my nephew loved his mini corn dogs. My sister's pizza was mouth-watering and scrumptious too. They serve honey butter with the bread and it is too good to be true. The service was quick and the staff was helpful. I definitely recommend Triple J. Try the Red Raider beer while it's here!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I liked the atmosphere and the food. Location was easy since it is in the Depot District close to the IH 27.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Excellent steaks, but hard seats in the booths. Could use more parking, or assistance with parking on high traffic nights.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

First time I went my steak was overcooked. I ordered medium rare and it came out medium well, and they brought the wrong sides. We also were not served bread and the chips with the queso were very greasy.
Second time was for wife's holiday party and the server was slow and rude. I ordered queso again thinking the greasy chips were an anomaly but they were not. I ordered a Caesar salad for one of my sides and it tasted like they took an empty jug of cheap Caesar dressing, added some water, shook it up and poured it on. I then asked the server if I could get mushrooms instead of this Caesar. He was rude responding with a chort and, "you ordered Caesar and now you want mushrooms?" I told him I wanted Caesar but that it did not taste good so now I would like mushrooms. He said he did not know if he could do that but would check. He never came back until time for the check. The chicken fried steak was awful, having no flavor (though my tounge might have been singed from the ghastly amounts of salt in the rolls) and was tough and a little too charred. Overall a horrible experience. I do not see myself returning unless it is a special occasion for someone who has chosen that place to hold their event.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

It's got a great location and they will deliver your order anywhere in the District that allows you to bring in food.