“Worthless”
Review of Bobz World

Bobz World
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Arcade with 40+ games, 9 holes of Black Light Mini Golf, Black Light Mini Bowl, Bobz Journey(walk though 20 exhibits inside, then venture out to the jungle filled with dinosaurs, other sculpted animals, plants and waterfalls.) Largest outdoor laser tag in Texas. Cafe with Blue Bell Ice cream, food, and drinks
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 26, 2013

After paying 21, i was bery disappointed. Not worth 1 admission, if anything it should be free. Walk around in the hot sun too look at plastic sculptures...
Lots of overpriced items in the gift shop. Kids wanted ice cream no one to help even after ringing both bells numerous times.. Save your money and gas for something really fun.. This is not the place

5  Thank SmalltownTxmom
"journey"
"coral"
"shark"

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

From the road and parking lot- looks amazing for kids. You just saw the best part. Circle the parking lot- snap some photos and move on. Go inside- massive gift shop cool stuff but the same as every other store to and in SOUTH PADRE ISLAND. good snack shop- ice cream, nachos, drinks. Skip the two tours by all means. The Jungle tour offers nothing for adults or kids. The Museum tour Is so utterly horrible that it was awesome. What about the items inside qualifies this as a museum is beyond me. This is a true craptacular!

4  Thank davaels
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My kids were very excited to be going to the "gorilla" but when we went inside to see about the attraction, it was WAY overpriced and all they could do was just walk through the Jungle Bobz experience - not even climb on the different animals, mountains, etc. BORING!

3  Thank Jane F
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stopped here during a rainy day during our South Padre trip, Granted we didn't do the entire Bobz World/Jungle Bobz tour because a couple of my kids have really short attention spans and I didn't know if they could handle the 30 minute guided tour so we opted for the walk through Jungle Bobz only. The kids loved it, they thought the little exhibits were great, they loved climbing and crawling on stuff. One of them said it was her favorite part of our entire trip. But I thought for the $11 per person price there should be a bit more to it. I did think the atmosphere was great, the plants and waterfalls everywhere were lovely and there are many spots for fantastic photo ops but there wasn't much to get excited about as an adult. If we would have done both attractions for a few more dollars I probably would have been more impressed.
My kids loved the store, which was their favorite of all touristy souvenir shops - we are taking a van load of hermit crabs and wind chimes back home with us.

However, on a very positive note...the staff at every stop were fantastic. Friendly and helpful and just all around very nice. It was so refreshing to go in someone and have everyone working there be so genuinely nice.

2  Thank dollmaker1956
See more reviews
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Ok so on my way to south padre island ...lol me an tha kids seen dis big azz dino an monkey ummmm. From highway100 ...it was late so i said we have to come back thru n check it out...boy we glad we did! I was ptetty much the high light of our 10hr road trip! If u been to disney world or any really gud wax place then u wud luv dis an the story the lady tell as we walked thru the real life...but stuffed now fish/ sharks!!! Dnt want to spoil but its reall worth the 10-15 bucks an great gift shop!!!!