“Diamond in the rough”

Baymont Inn & Suites Longview
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I didn't need a coupon to get the low rate for this beautiful hotel. First, I stopped at the dumpy Motel 6 across the freeway.There was only a few dollars difference in the rates. Rooms in this chain of hotels is usually much higher.

I had been driving all day and needed a place to recharge. I didn't expect to find this type of hotel in rural Texas. We both slept well and woke up to the best free breakfast. It had yogurt, toast, waffles, french toast, coffee, orange juice, muffins, bagels, pastries, oatmeal and cereal. I'm staying another day to just enjoy.

Room Tip: They also have a low weekly rate.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 24, 2011

I arrived at one a.m., and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I had already been assured that they were pet friendly. I had come to Longview on short notice for a funeral and wanted an inexpensive place to stay. Although very inexpensive the rooms were nice and clean. The breakfast was very good, the coffee great, and the morning staff also very helpful and kind. I would certainly stay there again. For the price it was excellent. If someone wants luxury, he or she should be prepared to pay alot more.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2011

i can't say anyting negative about this hotel. The rate was lower than expected for the value received. The rooms were clean. They welcomed our pet. The service was top-notch. The breakfast was very good. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Bi0476gm, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Longview, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2011

Thanks so much for your review. It was a pleasure having you and your pet here. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. We are always looking for feedback and ways to improve the look and feel of the hotel. We looked forward to serving you and your pet in the near future.

Reviewed January 14, 2011

Our room had a broken heater and the staff was veryyyyyyy RUDE!!! I would rather sleep in my car than stay at this cheap run down place!!! The General Manger was sooooooo unprofessional and rude to us and lacked customer service all the way around! Look else where to stay!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Day 2 of a drive from Florida to Fort Worth. Ended up in Longwood. Armed with a Texas Visitor Center discount coupon we opted for a one night stay to rest and recover. The Front Desk Clerk was outside smoking a cigarette chatting with someone not a hotel resident. I walked into the lobby and she continued until she finished her smoke. Rude of her. During check-in she sort of zoned out on me. She said she just arrived from a three hour drive from Houston where she had a stressful weekend. Okay, whatever...

Specific comments:

Room. Not too bad for a discount hotel. Beds were comfy and we were in the back of the building so highway noise was negligible. There was a fair amount of dust on the Welcome/Information binder and I did chase a cockroach until my shoe nailed him. Wireless internet worked fine. No issues with the bathroom and plenty of hot water. Linens were clean.

Location. If you are looking for a convenient place to eat then look elsewhere. The only dining places are fast food joints Jack in the Box, KFC and Taco Bell.

Breakfast. Not too bad. Variety of cereals and fruit and yogurt. Waffles were the store bought kind you pop into a toaster. Be careful of the tables as many have uneven legs. They wobble considerably.

Overall, with a discount coupon this was okay for a no frills overnight stay. We got what we paid for. No more no less. We slept well and left refreshed.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Nice beds and friendly staff!!!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed September 15, 2010

me and my sisters visted for three days in august 2010, the bathroom was dirty.but we still had a good time the bed was great . we never made it to the pool but we will next time. my sisters jell-o shots was great good dite food . she cleans dirty up real good too.get some good housekeeps and you will get batter reviews you may need to pay more.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family