“Pretty good lunch here.”
Review of Papacita's

Papacita's
Ranked #7 of 229 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Longview, Texas
“Pretty good lunch here.”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

With many many Tex-Mex places in Longview we forget about Papacita's. We had lunch here with family and it was OK. The food was par with most of their competition but the dining areas could use some refurbishing. Is that why it is so dark in here?

• Visited December 2013

Fort Worth, TX
“Food and margaritas are good”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is a fairly typical Mexican restaurant, the food is good. We had chicken flameado, chicken nachos, and a couple house margaritas. The food is a very solid "good" and consistent on both our visits. If you are like us and not from Longview, don't expect to be bedazzled, but you can expect quality food, hot on the table with good portions and decent prices. Papacita's deserves a solid four stars in the opinions of my wife and I.

Extended reading for those who want to know:

The bad: The guacamole hardly had any avocado in it, and consisted mostly of onion and tomato. It tasted mainly of onion. Our service on our second visit was bad, I don't know what her problem was. They have NO happy hour.

The mediocre: The salsa is just "OK". It's not bad, its not great. They could kick it up a notch.

The good: Wow, their chicken is great. Although their flameado was a bit odd to us, it was great. The flameado does not get set on fire, and there is not really a lot of cheese. Ours consisted mainly of chicken, and although we looked sideways at it the first time we got it, we were impressed by the flavor. The flour tortillas are very good, too. The house margaritas are good; they have a nice tart/tangy flavor. We also liked the nachos.

The great: The service on our first visit was great. Too bad I don't remember his name, but he's got sideburns you won't forget. The location was right across the street from the hotel we were staying at. Very convenient. There was plenty of seating, and we got a booth upon request on both of our visits. The food was served hot on both visits. Cold food is a pet peeve of mine, so bravo to Papacita's.

Would I return? Yes. We ate here twice, and had the same thing both times. I can only base my review on the two items my wife and I shared, and both items had chicken in them, so please keep that in mind.

Room for improvement: Papacita's might want to check up on some of their staff. The woman who served us on our second visit was unfriendly to all she served. She had given us our ticket before we were even finished eating. We were going to get another margarita, but since she was so eager to get rid of us, we thought "what the heck" and left. She served other tables around us and her attitude was no different to anyone else, either.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank John and Desire... C
East Texas
“Great Fajitas, Cool Atmosphere and Friendly Service”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

After a long day at the softball park, Papacita's was calling us! We've eaten here several times and on each occasion, except one, we were very happy with the food and the service (I don't know what happened the other time, maybe because we were in a large group, but the food was cold and the service was not what I expect at Papacita's).

The interior is different from most restaurants. Typical Tex-Mex style and menu, but there are no windows in the dining area - so you lose track of time. We went in about 4:00 in the afternoon and my daughter commented that she felt like it was night time already. Cool tortilla oven and cooking station in full view from the dining room.

The nine layer dip is really good and the Grilled Fajita's with the garlic butter -- mmmm, mmm, good!

Our server was very sweet and made sure to keep the drinks filled and had a smile the whole time. I look forward to my next visit - some of the best Tex-Mex around!

• Visited October 2013
Carthage, Texas, United States
“Great food, great service.”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

The staff are always friendly and accomodating. The food is always quick to arrive, sizzling and fresh. Favorite gathering place for family meals.

• Visited September 2013
Longview, Texas
“Food alright for Tex-Mex”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have never understood the great attraction to this place. Yes, the atmosphere is good. And, it's easy to take a large group here. The reason I have to keep coming back is because some friends pick it for their birthday lunches (go figure). The food is just plain tex-mex with very little seasoning. The "con carne" (chili sauce) tastes like it's from a can. The chips that come already seasoned are terrible. I have heard you can order unseasoned chips now. The salsa is very tomatoey with no heat to it. Grilled chicken has no flavor. They do seem to serve you fresh food & the service is good. If you are used to eating spicy authentic Mexican food, then this place will disappoint you.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank BeachBook007

Been to Papacita's? Share your experiences!