“Out of the way gem”

La Quinta Inn & Suites I-20 Longview South
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Longview

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have had some great La Quinta experiences. We travel with a small dog, so we always stay in pet friendly hotels. We needed to find a place quickly and chose this one. While the hotel has a dated feel to it, the room was clean. Our biggest concern was the neighborhood. It appears to be a declining one so we made sure we parked our car (full of our stuff on our cross country trip) under the lights close to the front. In retrospect, next time, we will stay at the other La Quinta in Longview. It's a little farther away but worth the extra time for our peace of mind.

Room Tip: Our room was fine. We stayed on the third floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank COFamily6
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend with family, very nice and clean with Friendly Service to match. I have really liked every La Quinta I have stayed in and this was no exception. The room was very comfortable with great bed and GIANT TV screen.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Called and asked bed accommodations and was told the two room suite had 2 kings. I doubted so but took their word. For your information, It doesn't. Still an ok stay to be near hospital visiting relative.

• Stayed October 2013
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We booked here for one night while driving cross country. It had good reviews so we booked based on that. Holy cow!!! This hotel is in the middle of a terrible part of town. There were people milling about all Over the place with open cans of beer the streets and houses were filthy and the the people inside were all men who are working in the area. I walked in told them I wouldn't be staying and went to the la quinta in longview north. The staff there told me that part of town is really bad and has a lot of crime!! They said nobody but people who don't know any better go into that part of town!! To make matters worse they still charged me for the night!!! unbelievable!!!!I think that la quinta should be more responsible!!! Woman and children should not be in an area that is unsafe!! I don't know what they could do but to be surprised like that is a horrible feeling. So if you are a man alone and need a quick stop off I20 this would be ok but for a family or a woman alone NO WAY!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank jennifer b
lq6058, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites I-20 Longview South, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Jennifer, I am very sad to read your review. I have never had a customer write a review that never stayed with us. There are many issues here to cover so let us get started. You were here on a Wednesday evening. A few years ago, I decided to look for a way to thank our many satisfied guests, for electing to stay with us. I began hosting a managers reception on Wednesday nights. We offer a free set up with food, soft drinks, beer and wine. We bring in extra staff to serve and control this event. It has been very successful and we intend to continue offering this. Many guests will go outside to smoke or visit.
We are located at the corner of I-20 access and M L King Jr Blvd. All of the homes around us are older, but clean and well mantained. These homeowners have owned these homes for decades. The area constable is our next door neighbor and does not allow crime any more than we do. In 2008 I had an issue with crime and spent significant time and money to resolve this. If you call the Longview Police department and learn about the facts, you will see no crime here in years. If you inquire about the Northside properties, you will learn for yourself that the actual incidence of crime occurs there. We have a clean, safe property. While visiting our location, you will see many police officers here. We invite them to our property to eat, rest, have coffee and use our amminities. We are so grateful and happy that they are here on all shifts. It is good for them, us and our guests. This is one of the tools we use to keep crime away. And we love our police department and are proud of the awesome job they do!
I can provide more than a dozen examples of single female guests that have stayed here for years. The are satisfied and safe. The comments you said were made by our northside competitor are inaccurate, unprofessional and damaging to the LaQuinta brand. I will ask LaQuinta to address this act with their owners.
I am proud of our property. It is clean, safe and beautiful. We have wonderful neighbors, and the area is developing rapidly. Our product is the best Value in the market!
Jimmy
OK
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Was in town for the dog show and my hotel preference is Laquinta. Easy access to the hotel. Good location. BUT They put the dog show people on the third floor as far away from the outside doors as possible. Not sure why this was, but it sure created problems for the dog people. Also we were in a non-smoking room but the room next to us was smoking and it got pretty smelly of cig smoke in our room. Also when you step off of the elevator onto the third floor the whole hall reeks of cigarette smoke. The carpet in our room needed a severe cleaning. The hall carpet on the third floor needed cleaned badly as well. On the plus side, the room was very big and comfortable. The front staff was very friendly. My suggestion if you are traveling with dogs be sure to specify you want downstairs. Also, please pick up after your dogs so hotels will continue to accept dogs, and do not leave your dogs unattended in the rooms and do not let your dogs tear up the rooms. Unfortunately, I saw many fellow dog people not cleaning up after their dogs.

Room Tip: Was in town for the dog show and my hotel preference is Laquinta. Easy access to the hotel. Good l...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
lq6058, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites I-20 Longview South, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Because we are pet friendly and have no fee for pets, we are in high demand every year for the dog show. Nothing would please me more than to give every customer the exact accomidations they seek. Our property has an indoor pool. We also have our meeting room and breakfast room on the first floor as well as the business center and exercise room. That does not leave many rooms on the first floor. Most of the few rooms we do have on the first floor are either premium rooms, or special needs. We have 4 standard rooms on the floor. This year we had 46 request for first floor. Of these, 32 were LaQuinta Elite members. There simply is no method to avoid an issue. I give these rooms to the most needy. There are many elderly guests for this event and some are not very mobil. I think it is understandable that I seek to serve the elderly and those with special needs, before the strong. This is likely to repeat every year. While I value every customer and wish we were able to meet every request, this is the solution we believe is the most thoughtful solution.
We did have a problem this year on the third floor, with guests smoking in non smoking rooms. This is a problem for us and our guests. We were able to identify the violators and will prevent them from returning to the property. Every year, as soon as the dog show concludes, we deep clean every room in the building and shampoo all carpets. This is a necessary step to return the property to normal.
Our property recently turned 5 years of age. This begins the remodel process. During the next year our property will recieve a complete redo including new carpet throughout the hotel. We look forward to our new fresh design.
Thank you for talking to your fellow pet owners about their responsibilities. You are 100% correct. The better the owners comtrol their 4 legged children, the smoother the stay for all. We enjoy being pet friendly, but, believe it or not, there are other guests that are not as happy with this policy.
If you wish to offer a thought that I can incorporate to be more even handed, I welcome your ideas. Thank you for your letter and the chance to serve you.
Jimmy