“never! never ! never! again!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites I-20 Longview South
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed July 2, 2008

I drove in from kansas, at 2:00 am! I had to honk my horn before someone would open the door! Before the clerk opened the door a police officer arrived to ask me did I need any help, because I WAS HONKING MY HORN! The desk clerk was very rude! My reservations were for two nights. I had already paid for the stay before arriving, the clerk ran my credit card three times, and told me that I was denied, after I argued with her telling here it was already paid ! NEED LESS TO SAY SHE REFUSED MY STAY, EVEN THOUGH, IT WAS ALREADY PREAPPROVED AND PAID. I had drove for 9 hours with my son and elderly grandmother! I could not find another hotel in the area, everything was full, because of some concert. I checked four other hotels. The clerk ran my credit card a total of four times, I know this because I work at the bank. I will never stay at la quinta inn or suites, ever. I will tell everyone I know about my experience with them.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank martinez00

Reviewed April 10, 2008

The hotel is new and the room I had was very, very nice. I requested a non-smoking, and got a non-smoking. However, I booked a king bed and got a room with two full or queens, not really sure on the size. The check in was a little slow and the staff not very helpful or friendly. Did not get my rewards gift upon arriving.

The bathroom, carpets, floors, everything, was exceptionally clean and well cared for during my entire stay of three nights. The tub drained a little slow. This was one of the nicest, cleanest hotels I have had and I travel 150 days a year. The exercise room looked nice and had lots of equipment.

The breakfast was marginal, not much selection, and they ran out of items rapidly. The coffee was good, Starbucks, and beans are ground and brewed in a machine as you watch. They could really do better in this regards.

The wireless internet worked, had good reception, but was slow on occasion, down to 2 mbps, and went back up to 54 mbps.

Overall, a great value for the price. If you are in this area, stay here. Do not go to Kilgore to Best Western, read my review.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2007

The property is new and very, very nice. Beds are nice, bathroom is nice, breakfast room is nice, TV is nice, parking lot is nice, lobby is nice.

So I have nothing to say about the physical property.

Also, the help I got there was first-rate, directing me to restaurants, etc.

So that was good, too.

The problem was that I reserved a king-sized bed on the hotel Web site, but they didn't have it when I got there -- and I was told I was getting the last room of the night, so, effectively I could like it or lump it. I didn't like that so much. If you make a reservation like that, they should honor it

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank KazariKid
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We stayed one night at the La Quinta Inn in Longview, Texas and it was the one of the best hotel experiences. Even though it was real late when we checked in, the customer service was excellent. Our room was beautiful and clean. That one night I got some of the best sleep I have ever had. The beds are so soft til you will not want to get up. I would recommend the La Quinta in Longview to anyone that want a pleasant hotel experience with a peaceful night sleep.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family