“Makes a Syria refugee camp look like a 5 star resort”

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Longview
Denver, Colorado
“Makes a Syria refugee camp look like a 5 star resort”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Don't ever go here! Found ants in the bathroom near a large hole. The bed was hard and smelled of meldew. The pool had some moss growing at the bottom with tons of trash littering it to the point of being unusable. Poor service with the staff having an I-dont-care-attitude. Also the amenities that they provided for use (soap and towels) where cheap and small. This motel, no this pootel was unprofessional with the owners children running around leaving their toys about. Overall I would say that this place is a place you would consider as a last resort .

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank mxsacskx s
bvilongview, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2016
Dear Valued Guest,

Thankyou for participating in our online survey we are so sorry to hear about your past experience with us, we would like to inform you that all the issues pointed by you have been taken care of and we wish to see you soon at our property to give us a chance to not disappoint you.

ABVI-LONGVIEW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is the second time I stayed there. I stayed once before and had to be moved because the room smelled. This time the room didn't smell, but the room was old. The furniture was worn and turn the carpets were well, maybe they needed a very good steam cleaning. I have stayed at other abvi places but they were better than this.

• Stayed November 2013

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2013

So bad. So very , very bad. Exit doors blocked by trash. No handrails in the stairs. Safety light and fire/smoke alarm covered in tape. No mirrors, no lamps, no hair dryer, no coffee in the room. Yes, you read that right,,NO MIRROR,,not even in the bathroom. Could not tell if I had three towels or three bath mats. They were all the same size and coarse, stiff fabric. No ice or vending machine. No front desk help,,just one irritated woman that offered to move us to a different room that did have a mirror but still had the strong paint smell and no lamps or lights. Horrid, horrid place. Swimming pool is a sand box,,literally. Manager just stared at me when I complained. Horrid. Reporting them for code violations to the City of Longview.

Room Tip: Tip? Don't stay here. Keep driving.
Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MARTHA M

ABVI-LONGVIEW

Travelers are raving about these Longview hotels

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The exterior of hotel is deceiving. The walls in the halls are damaged and and beat in. The rooms are dirty and we found bugs in the bathroom. The staff is basically non-existence, no help at all!! The manager did nothing about the bugs in the room. Breakfast was minimal, no staff for making more coffee.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Swilmo7

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This by far was the strangest and awful stay at a motel/hotel I have had. While I was gone overnight out of town during my 6week stay at this Inn, someone took all of my belongings and paperwork from my business that was left in the room. Their response was that the girl who cleaned the room "must have thought " that I "checked out". Then they told me that they would not do anything about it because the same girl "quit".
They also took money from my account after I had checked out several weeks later.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank sobelle72

Texarkana
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My husband and I were staying in this hotel for his work for about three weeks. Let me start with the manager/owner. He lives here with his family. Any time you buzz for someone at the front desk he approaches blurry-eyed and half asleep. He has no facial expressions and the inflection in his voice never changes. Since it was my husband, myself, and our baby, we got a room with a king sized bed. They offered us a "suite" at no extra charge because it has cabinets and a sink. I thought this was a great deal until I realized I would have to clean the cabinets myself. Food was in all of them. The floor had not been vacuumed, and there were juice bottles under the furniture from where children had been here before. Our bathroom light did not work for a week. We had to use the bathroom with the door open and shower with a candle. He said that he could not fix it and we would have to switch rooms. Once we couldn't take it anymore, we offered to switch rooms. The room he took me to see was exactly like ours except I noticed a boxed fan in the floor. He opened the window and was like, "here, we can cool it off in here" (instead of using the AC). I was like "wait, does the AC even work?" He said yes, and turned it on and surprise! It did not work. Then he has the nerve to say, "I will just fix your bathroom light. Let me get some tools." He comes and fixes it in about ten minutes.

We got locked out of our room and had to go reset the key. When we did this, my husband had to use the bathroom and was going to use the one in the hall available to everyone. When he tried, the light was out! The manager had taken the light out of the bathroom in the hall to put in ours instead of buying a new one! Out of three lamps in the room, one worked. One didn't even have an available outlet to plug it into, the other that was mounted to the wall burned out. One of the overhead lights never worked to begin with. Being on the first floor, I do not want my window open all day.

Housekeeping came in maybe twice a week. I had to go ask for towels and leave my trash in the hallway for her to get the picture. There are also no "do not disturb" signs. Their plan is for housekeeping to knock every single day, even though she doesn't. The AC is so outdated that it is either freezing or muggy and humid. The carpet has food stuck all in it from where they haven't shampooed it.

The internet is TERRIBLE. I need it for my online schooling and it is at 30% all day and night. The manager/owner lives here so I think it is their personal internet that they share. I can barely get the internet to pull up at all.

There is no breakfast. They will say there is, but there isn't even coffee.
The water even got turned off for a few hours with no notice one day.
I will never again stay in this hotel and if it weren't for us trying to save money we would have left and gone somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank dsmith4

Houston, TX
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Staying at the Longview, TX Americas Best Value Inn motel was a terrible experience. The manager-owner was indifferent and bored.
Friday morning before 7 am, the contract workers that stayed there had taken all of the pastry, juice, etc. When my mother asked for more, the manager said he didn't have any. (She rang the bell on the desk and he came out bleary eyed –she’d awakened him.) There was cereal and some milk.
Saturday morning, there was a tiny amount of milk. Once it was gone, there was no breakfast. There was NOTHING ELSE AVAILABLE!
Sunday morning, there was no milk for cereal. THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE AVAILABLE.
I would never stay at that hotel in Longview under any circumstances. My view of the value of this brand has dropped through the floor.
The outside of the building looks great; inside the place is marginally clean, the lobby restroom was broken our entire stay and no one seems to care.
The front door isn't opened until after 9 am; the manager sleeps late.
Simply awful!

Room Tip: Become a member of the Value Club for great deals
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family