“Went in with high hopes and left with a sour taste...”

Dudley's Cajun Cafe
Ranked #2 of 229 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Went in with high hopes and left with a sour taste...”
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Me and my family went to eat at Dudleys when there were maybe 4 other tables sat in the place. We sat for well over 5 minutes before being greeted by a waitress. She took our drink order and someone else brought the drinks out. We waited for about another ten minutes for her to come back to get our order. 15 minutes go by before we get our appetizer of boudain balls that were overcooked and bland. They were absolutely flavorless. Well the food finally arrived and we had fried catfish, a crawfish poboy and and crawfish pie. The fried catfish was well, fried catfish. Nothing special about it. The poboy was less than desirable. The bun was so hard I could only eat half. And the crawfish was bland with almost no seasoning whatsoever. The crawfish pie was the best thing anyone ordered. It was tasty but the dirty rice served with it was bland. I was not impressed with this place AT ALL. I wouldn't recommend it.

1 Thank vittlesman

Round Rock, Texas
“Real Cajun food”
Reviewed June 3, 2005

I am from Louisiana and I know my cajun food when I eat it.
Dudley's has the real thing, it is not frozen and thawed out when you get there. His crawfish are always seasoned just right. You can tell that they know what they are doing. You will not go away hungry or disappointed when you visit. The atmosphere is just right, great food without the need to dress up. The entire family will find something they really like.

3 Thank Ray O
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best food I ever ate!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2005

I have lived in Longview, Texas for most of my Life. Dudley's to my family is always a great treat. The flavor of his food is like no other I have ever tasted and the music will want to make you dance right at the table. In all the 15 years we have been eating at Dudley's there has never been a time we were ever dissatisfied. Now that we have moved away, we make it a point to always stop by Dudley's whenever we are in town. Keep up the Great food Dudley.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member