“Meat - It's what's for dinner” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 222 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Longview, Texas
“Meat - It's what's for dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Having a picky eater, this is a place we frequent on a regular basis. Don't expect fancy or gormet because this is one thing: meat served with sides. Nothing fancy with peanuts as appitizers (used to be able to through the shells on the floor until the LGV health department decided this was non-hygenic) and a cold side salad to get ready for the real star, the meat. We like the ribeyes and the filets (big one for son and small for wife). Always good, never fancy. As a matter of fact, we think it's better seasoned than the "down under" place down the street.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Longview, Texas
“Always a quality steak”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

You can always get a good steak here. The pork chops are wonderful as well. Salads are great. All veggie/side dishes I've tried were great. Rolls are only enjoyable if you like a kind of sweet tasting bread with very sweetened butter on them. The thing I really dislike about this restaurant is the NOISE, especially when the employees go around singing happy b-day to people. You will never get a peaceful relaxing meal at this restaurant. Plus if you wait til after 5:30PM, you will be waiting for a table. The later you go, the longer you'll wait.

Visited March 2013
Plano, Texas
“Texas size hospitality and Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I really enjoyed my meal at the Texas Roadhouse. I was staying at the neighboring Best Western and walked over for dinner. The staff greeting the guests were very friendly. The place was PACKED but that did not effect the quality of service or food. I was very impressed with my experience. Highly recommended if you are in Longview, TX.

Visited June 2013
Texas
“Impressive Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Our party of three had dinner in mid June 2013, on a Saturday night, arriving at 6:10pm. Overwhelmingly busy....packed with people! Our wait time to be seated was 45 mins, but they offer "call ahead seating" which cut the wait time in half for some. The food, atmosphere and service exceeded our expectations. We have dined at other TR locations and not had this level of service.

Great service, especially under the circumstances - so very busy! All staff appeared calm and controlled.....and with a smile! The only negative was the wait time, but it is understandable - great location !

Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Sloppy Service at seating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I’ve visited many times – same basic complaint. I always have to ask for a saucer. I’ve noticed hostesses seat people and promptly provide saucers. And them there are times they don’t – even if saucers are available. I always seem to be in the group that has to ask. I don’t understand - shouldn’t this be a standard procedure? I’ve never noticed them forgetting the rolls or butter. I don’t understand how a chain restaurant can have such varied practices. Not all Texas Roadhouses are this way. I don’t have any other complaints or compliments.

• Visited April 2013