“The pizza is fantastic”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We go the every Friday. The restaurant is like 1950's style it's great. We have dined and had carry out fantastic. I would recommend it to Everybody!!!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have loved this place for over 40 years. My mom and my husband wanted to go there this year for their birthdays. It doesn't get any better than this and I have had world famous pizza in New York. Pizza King is the best!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

If you grew up in Longview, you automatically love Pizza King. The memories and old friends are way better than the pizza and service.

Expect a long wait, mediocre service and poor pizza. But during your wait, you will probably run into all your old friends so you won't notice.

3  Thank RuthAStoddard
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Had lunch at Pizza King two weeks ago on a Wednesday. Ordered a large pepperoni. It was very good.

Tonight (Thursday) we arrived at 7:00 p.m. Got a short (8 oz) beer at the counter. We were given a table in about 15 minutes. So far so good. We ordered a large with some extras and another beer.

Twenty minutes later we don't have the beer, water refill or RC cola refill. Our waitress would attend to the booth next to us but we were invisible. To her credit she was very perky!

That was the best part of this visit. Our pizza arrived about 30 minutes after ordering and was very warm. Very warm, not hot. The crust was tasteless and hard. The mushrooms were from a can.

If you think you have to come here to eat pizza try 1:00p.m.-2:00p.m.

I am so sorry I used to eat here 40 years ago when Pizza King was THE KING of east Texas pizza. It is not even close to what it used to be but with the crowds that still come here to eat frozen pizza quality food it will never be.

Hal, where are you!?!

6  Thank tomthbomb
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Terrible pizza, awful service, paper plates, etc. Be prepared to be there for a long time to get your food. Most folks just order salads nowadays. I'll go every week though b/c I'll see all of my friends from years ago.

4  Thank zitti