“Very enjoyable stay - met the quality I expected with HII”

Holiday Inn Longview - North
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a hotel with a great location. There was no traffic noise even being located in the heart of all retail and resturants. Many choices of restaurants and shopping in walking distance. The room was larger than many other hotel rooms and was very clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful. The breakfast was well stocked with multiple items and the host was very attentive.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
hiexpsales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Longview - North, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel with the Trip Advisor community. We strive to provide our guests with the best possible experience. We are glad that you enjoyed our location - you're right we are located perfect for a trip to the mall or nearby restaurants and shopping! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Longview!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have stayed at this property several times during our trips to Longview. It is a very pleasant and surprising property! The staff is very helpful. The breakfast was quite good.We will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at this property for our anniversary on 2-23-13. We booked a jacuzzi suite, tax included the room was around $173 a night. After dinner, we went back to room to find that the jacuzzi was barely working. The jets wouldn't even swirl the water in the tub. My wife called front desk to inform them, and all she was told was that the hotel was full, so there was no way to move to another room. We then decided to go use the Hot Tub at the pool, which was in perfect order. However, the "Indoor Heated Pool" that they advertised was so cold that we couldn't get into it. Front desk worker came in as we were getting ready to go back to the room, and I informed them, to which I was told that it was set on 86degrees, so it probably could be considered cold to some. Very disappointing way to spend our anniversary, especially from a brand of hotel such as this. $173 should have provided a much better experience than this.

Room Tip: Avoid 126 if you want a good jacuzzi!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Garey L
hiexpsales, General Manager at Holiday Inn Longview - North, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Greetings!

Thank you for your feedback about our location, we do appreciate you coments .

I do remember attending to your needs in the pool area as I made my inspections at closing time. Our pool does stay at 86 degrees year round, and our whirlpool stays at a warm 104 year round.

I want to apologize, I was not aware of your dissatisfaction of our Jacuzzi Room until now. We do try to rectify any issues at that moment. We tend to stay very busy at times, and unfortunately, we did not have another Jacuzzi room for you. I have made detailed notes of your review and submited to management. As we begin our hotel upgrades later on in the year, I am going to encourage you to come back out and see us after we have updated and upgraded our jacuzzi rooms!

Crystal Jackson,

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Had a great trip here. I went to longview on business and I stayed at the higher rated of the two Holiday Inn Expresses. I was not disappointed. It is your standard HIE but the staff at the counter was extremely friendly and talkative. They seemed genuinely interested in talking to the guests. Also I got upgraded to a jacuzzi suite so I cant complain about that. Good water pressure and I'm not sure if its like this in all the rooms or if it was because I was on the first floor but my hot water got hot instantly. It got so hot in fact that it would burn you so be careful of that if using the jacuzzi. There are plenty of places to eat and get fuel right next to the hotel. I was with some locals and we went to Applebee's because they stayed open till two and it actually wasn't that bad. Breakfast and such was all standard. I had a good stay here and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Unfortunately this is our second mishap with HIE&S with their jacuzzi suites. First time, we had to move all our unpacked things to another suite. This time, we were not so fortunate. Checked out the second room jacuzzi and within seconds of turning it on it completely shut down. At least we didn't move all our stuff. It is very sad when a nice hotel like this sells their services as operational when they in fact are not. Even the elevator was experiencing problems tonight. Does this place even have a 24hr maintenance person on call?? Front desk was friendly and hotel was clean.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
hiexpsales, General Manager at Holiday Inn Longview - North, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

I want to thank you very much for your review Luv2Travel! I appreciate your comments and I understand how dissapointing it was to check into our jacuzzi room and it not be "the same" as the other Holiday Inn Express. We strive to be consistant with the Holiday Inn Express Brand and our hotel market. I have made detailed notes of your review and our conversations. As we begin our hotel upgrades later on in the year, we can replace our whirlpools with the high powered jacuzzi jets you were expecting. I am going to encourage you to come back out and see us after we have updated and upgraded our jacuzzi rooms!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed in Longview for a wedding. The staff at the front desk was excellent. Kimbra (I think?) provided customer service to our party that went above and beyond. Kimberley was also great. The continental breakfast was good. The rooms are also clean. Our only gripe was that housekeeping seemed to knock on our door a little early (around 8:30-9:00).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Holiday Inn Express in Longview Texas really look out for your needs. First lets start off by saying, I was a hot mess. I had never been to Longview before and I was here on business. I did a poor job of packing and was quite distracted with planning my holiday travel for thanksgiving. When I arrived I was greeted by a friends desk agent that gave me a snack and a bottle of water. This was great because I was parched. I got to the room which was clean and comfortable. I found a fridge and a microwave to which my inner plump girl found great delight.
But then, I was too cold, I couldn’t figure out how to work the ac deally. I I stopped at the front desk to mention the issue I was having. When I returned from dinner, my room temp was perfect; she had come up to turn it off for me.
It was election night and I was working on my laptop. I wanted to see the results but couldn’t figure out how to work the TV. I called downstairs and Kevin came up and got that working in like a single second. He was gracious and kind, which I appreciated.
Finally it was check out day, I couldn’t find my charger to my blackberry. Everyone else had iPhone changers. I stopped at the front desk and they looked in a lost and found drawer to loan me a plug so I could get a quick 12 minutes charge. The breakfast area was a nice size and they offered a well stocked breakfast bar with juice, yougurt and cereal. It was a grab and go situation. The place was well lit and inviting. There were also comfortable arm chairs in the area. Coffee was better than descent. Stay here, you will sleep well and be taken care of.

Room Tip: Check your key card jacket, the wifi code is inside of there. I didn’t have to call downstairs to h...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
hiexpsales, General Manager at Holiday Inn Longview - North, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

I wanted to graciously thank you for submitting a review of your stay! I am delighted to know that my staff was able to take care of you during your visit here in Longview! Our priority is to take care of our guests and to create a hotel that our guests will love. We appreciate you and encourage you to keep coming back to stay with us! Please, next time you make your reservations, give me a call! I would love to book your room personally!

-Crystal Jackson