“Work made Simple”

Holiday Inn Longview - North
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Longview
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I am incharge of a large training in Longview twice a year. It means I have to stay in town for several days each time. I have somehow ended up in the same room everytime I have traveled. I always mention when making my reservation I need an easily accessable room becuase of taking a large amount of material for the trainings in and out. They have been very accomidating and made each of my many stays VERY ENJOYABLE!!! And of course they serve the signature Holiday Inn Express breakfast that is wonderful. Last spring I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with twins and wasn't feeling well when I got up. Just like when I was there and only 4months pregnant with the boys the lady working breakfast fixed me something to eat long before breakfast was to open and did it with a smile!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
hiexpsales, Manager at Holiday Inn Longview - North, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Morgan! You are AWESOME!!!

Thank you so much for this WONDERFUL review! Your positive feedback encourages my staff to create a hotel that guests LOVE! We appreciate you and your dedication to our hotel! It has been a joy to work with you and look forward to your next visit soon! Please let me know if I can do anything for you!

Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stay at a lot of hotels, and have the choice to stay at which ever hotel I choose. I choose this particular hotel every time I come to town for the following reasons;

1. Everyone here treats me like family with kindness and true concern. They are always smiling and always seem genuinely happy to see me, like they actually missed me. Chayla, Melody, Mary and Stephanie are the greatest!!!
2. They have always done there best to make sure that I am taken care of. One time I didn't make a reservation and just showed up. They made sure that I was taken care of and save me from a real bad experience.
3. The breakfast is perfect for me. Always hot, always fresh. Not just sweet stuff. Always eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy - all the good stuff

I will never stay anywhere else in Longview except this hotel because of the great people!

Room Tip: I like room 306 because I think it has the best view and is close to the elevator
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
hiexpsales, General Manager at Holiday Inn Longview - North, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Mr. Williams! You are too kind!

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It is such a great pleasure to serve you and I am delighted to know that everyone on my staff has treated you well! My staff has talked about you often during your visits to my hotel, and I thank you kindly for taking care of them! If there is anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know! You know the number! :)

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel about 150 days a year for the last two years. The staff is very helpful and friendly and the rooms, public areas, and dining room are always clean. My company often uses the meetings rooms since the accomodations and price are right. My wife often accompanies me and loves to stay here due to its easy walk to the mall, restaurants, and her favorite dress shop. I have stayed at other HIEs across Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado and this location and the staff is one of my favorites. I am entering this review via their internet service and have had no problems; the speed is satifactory for what I do.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Mr. Hamblin! You and your wife are such a blessing to me! I am very grateful for the relationship that I have with you and Mrs. Hamblin! I enjoy the conversations I have about your children, John Wayne and SHOPPING!! :) I wanted to thank you for your dedication to our hotel and you both mean so much to us here at the hotel! Take care and we will see you soon!

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Our company has been using this hotel over the last year to do hiring for our company. The accomidations and the staff have been nothing short of amazing!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

You two ladies are so fun!!! We enjoy your company and I am glad our dining room works out so well for what you need to do each time you are out our way! If there is anything else we can do to serve you, please do not hesitate to let us know!!! Take care and we will see you soon!!!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Staff is great! We had our family reunion there over the past weekend, hotel is very clean and well kept. Banquet room was super, very nice patio area. Breakfast area was super. Hotel is kind of hard to find, however once we found it we are glad we did.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Yes!!! I remember the family reunion from earlier this fall!! You guys were so amazing and I am so glad that our meeting space worked out well for you!! Thank you so much for your review and I do hope next time you are in town, please stop by and say hello!!!

Reviewed September 10, 2011

The room was fine but the Internet speed was very slow. They do not purchase a high enough package to cover their clientele. My co-worker and I were bumped off several times. In fact, she rarely could connect at all in the three days we were there. I was bumped off several time and it was slower than dial-up at times. The most irritating thing is that I asked when I reserved the room if they had any problems with their Internet service because I need it for work. The assured me it was very fast with no problems. When I complained to staff at the hotel they admitted there are problems and have been in the past. I was on the phone with tech support probably two hours of my visit. The hotel is in a nice location and the room was fine.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

We have been upgraded!!! Yea!!! :) Thank you for your feedback! Internet these days is very important and we do know frustrating it is not to be able to work without a reliable connection. As of early October, we have installed several more routers and access points through out the hotel which as helped tremendously! Sometimes we are so busy at the hotel, so many people are trying to connect at the same time, it slows down the transfering rate. Hopefully next time you are staying in the Longview area, you will give us another oppertunity! Please, do not hesitate to call me before you come so that I may reserve you room directly. I want to be able to offer the best of my services for your comfort and satisfaction.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

I travel quite a bit for work & often stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels. This one was average for this brand. However, the hotel is conveniently located near major roads, shopping, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends