“Good pho”

Pho Saigon Noodle Soup and Grill
Ranked #48 of 239 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Good vietnamese food. I have had several of their pho offerings, and all have been good. The spicy satay pho was very good. Lemongrass chicken with vermicelli was also well done.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Although there is nothing fancy here, the spring roll and Pho are great. Service was prompt and the food came out quick. The price was great, a real value.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The atmosphere is a little weird, but have no fear. The food, and the portions are breath taking. The price is great, and a little under middle scale prices. The vegetables are so fresh. My only suggestion is if you like the lemon grass meals, don't get beef as your meat. Shrimp or chicken would mesh better with that flavor. The Vietnamese egg rolls rocked! I will be back often!!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Have eaten here many times and always happy with the food. However just called in a take out order. Phone etiquette of person taking order was horrible. Never repeated my order back to me so I wasn't 100% sure I would get what I ordered. Then he hung up the phone while I was in the process of trying to give him my name for the order.

I had requested extra sauce for the spring roll appetizer, a container of Hoisin Sauce and one of the siracha hot sauce.

My wife was picking up the order while she was out on another errand. She had to call me to make sure the order she picked up was ours since there was no name associated with the order. And I heard her ask the person at the drive thru if they packed the extra sauces requested, while I was on the phone. She got home and guess what - No extra sauce. In fact the spring roll sauce was about half of the little container, which is less than I have received before when I didn't request extra. The hoisin was less than a teaspoon, placed in a two table spoon contianer, and there was no sirach hot sauce at all.

Good food but not nearly worth the two trips it takes for them to get the order right.

Far too many places to go that apprteciate Good Service to waste your time on this place.

2  Thank John R
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Drove to Longview craving Pho.
Wasn't disappointed in the least.
Good size portions and good values.and a wide range of dishes.
I had the beef combo Pho and my GF had the beef short ribs.
As usual when we take these trips we taste each others dishes so I can review both.
The Pho was excellent if just a bit short of brisket and long on steak. can't really complain about getting a good portion of meat but the brisket just has more flavor.
The short ribs were very flavorful, cooked and spiced just right.
We had the spring rolls with peanut sauce and they were good as well (though my GF doesn't really care for peanut sauce) tightly rolled and fresh.
Place was very clean open and well lit, had outdoor patio but since it was a little chilly we stayed inside for lunch.
Overall a nice place in East Texas to get some good food.