“Terrible take out service”

Pho Saigon Noodle Soup and Grill
Ranked #65 of 224 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Longview, Texas
“Terrible take out service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Have eaten here many times and always happy with the food. However just called in a take out order. Phone etiquette of person taking order was horrible. Never repeated my order back to me so I wasn't 100% sure I would get what I ordered. Then he hung up the phone while I was in the process of trying to give him my name for the order.

I had requested extra sauce for the spring roll appetizer, a container of Hoisin Sauce and one of the siracha hot sauce.

My wife was picking up the order while she was out on another errand. She had to call me to make sure the order she picked up was ours since there was no name associated with the order. And I heard her ask the person at the drive thru if they packed the extra sauces requested, while I was on the phone. She got home and guess what - No extra sauce. In fact the spring roll sauce was about half of the little container, which is less than I have received before when I didn't request extra. The hoisin was less than a teaspoon, placed in a two table spoon contianer, and there was no sirach hot sauce at all.

Good food but not nearly worth the two trips it takes for them to get the order right.

Far too many places to go that apprteciate Good Service to waste your time on this place.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank John R

Austin, Texas
“Worth the drive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Drove to Longview craving Pho.
Wasn't disappointed in the least.
Good size portions and good values.and a wide range of dishes.
I had the beef combo Pho and my GF had the beef short ribs.
As usual when we take these trips we taste each others dishes so I can review both.
The Pho was excellent if just a bit short of brisket and long on steak. can't really complain about getting a good portion of meat but the brisket just has more flavor.
The short ribs were very flavorful, cooked and spiced just right.
We had the spring rolls with peanut sauce and they were good as well (though my GF doesn't really care for peanut sauce) tightly rolled and fresh.
Place was very clean open and well lit, had outdoor patio but since it was a little chilly we stayed inside for lunch.
Overall a nice place in East Texas to get some good food.

• Visited January 2013
Burnsville, North Carolina
“Simple, and delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I must be a regular. When I come in, the server puts an icy Dr. Pepper in front of me, and says, "A-1, and P-7, right?"
Yep.
I keep meaning to try new things, and I do eat off of my husband's late to that effort, but the traditional Vietnamese Spring Roll (A-1), and the House Special Pho (P-7) are superior to everyone else's attempts at the same dishes.
I'm sticking with the winner!!

Visited October 2012
“Good choice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Had the Pho brisket and eye of round. Great portions and tasty. Egg rolls were good also.

• Visited May 2012
Longview, Texas
“Good Asian Soup and a wide selection of other dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

My spouse and I ordered takeout from Pho Siagon. We found the service friendly and the amount of food plentiful. We had the one of the beef soups and the spring rolls. We enjoyed all of the food and plan on going back to try different dishes.

• Visited December 2011