“Not to bad for the price”
Review of Sam's Southern Eatery - CLOSED

Sam's Southern Eatery
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Hallsville
“Not to bad for the price”
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

It's not fresh from the gulf seafood like you can get on the coast, but for the price you pay it's pretty good. The grilled shrimp po boy is my favorite.

Orange Beach, Alabama
“This isn't gulf seafood”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

No way you can get a plate of loaded shrimp for 6-8$ that is quality. Stuffed shrimp was the worst I have ever eaten. If you don't know what seafood is supposed to taste like and can eat roadkill this could very well be your place. Won't ever eat here again unless it were to change a ton.

Visited July 2012
White Oak, Texas
“Good 'ole southern fried food! Leave your diet at the door!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have to be honest by saying that you should probably avoid this place if you're watching your weight or cholesterol. You can gain weight just walking in the door and smelling everything frying in oil! The food, though extremely fattening, is very good and the portions are great. The shrimp are HUGE by anyone's standards. My husband and I usually get a fried shrimp platter. My son ordered a grilled shrimp platter last time and I had to laugh because it was coated in oil and was more like a pan fried shrimp stir fry with peppers and onions than any type of grilled shrimp I've ever experienced. Fattening? Yes, but it was oh so good. Macaroni & Cheese - yummy. Coleslaw - yummy. The PoBoy sandwiches are equally good and huge! Like I said, leave the diet at the door and come in you want some good old comfort food!

Visited November 2012
Gladewater, Texas, United States
“good food”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

we went on the recommendation of a friend, and were pleased with our visit. You for sure get plenty to eat, and it's very good. Prices are reasonable. It was crowded when we went, but they were still fairly new to the area.

• Visited December 2011
Texas
“Fried Fish/Seafood”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Food is good. We went right after they opened. Each dish has enough for two people, so only order one dinner and ask for an extra plate. I don't recall anything in this restaurant being grilled. Seems everything was fried. We have only been once and it was good. Not spectacular, tho.

Visited March 2012