“One time only”
Review of Sam's Southern Eatery - CLOSED

Sam's Southern Eatery
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We have been hearing from friends and family about this place and we decided to try it out. When we walked in it just seems unfinished and reflected too much of the Chinese resturaunt that was there before. The booth we sat at was duct taped and dirty. As for the food we ordered the 3 fish, 3 shrimp. When we got our food it was 5 fish and 5 shrimp. I was told they do this on purpose but it seems a waste because 1 person cannot eat all of it. The fish in my opinion was bland but the shrimp had a great flavor. My sides consisted of slaw and dirty rice where as I thought the slaw had too much mayo in it and the dirty rice needed some more flavor. For the food and the price it is unbeatable but for now I will pay more to get the flavor I like. Will we be going back, probably not.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

This place had been packed daily, so finally we got a chance to go. Walked in and shocked that a "new" restaurant looked like that. Looked unfinished table numbers taped to the walls and serving staff definitely didn't seem to be working on tips. Then our food came. The food itself would get 5 stars: good pricing and the portion was far more than what we ordered. Would definitely go back for the food, but maybe carry-out next time.