“management” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fritz's Restaurant - CLOSED

Fritz's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, American
Description: American and Italian cuisine. In a relaxed adult atmosphere. Daily specials available off the regular menu, beer and wine bar, smoke free dinning room in addition to enclosed patio where smoking is permitted. No children is a definite plus!
Kilgore, Texas, United States
“management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I took my wife and disabled grandmother to fritz's on 11/17. I had driven across longview to take grandma here for the first time. my wife and I have been regular customers for many years.
when we went in the manager told us they were closed and even though grandma was disappointed we went to a similar restaurant and had a great meal,
on the way out I looked at two iphones that had the time listed as 1:41. the sign on the door says they close at 2. I didn't want to question them at the time because I had grandma with me. I called the manager later and got nothing but the runaround. A simple sorry would have made everyone happy but she was actually a bit rude. TWO days later I called and got fritz. in short I have never seen such a rude hostle owner . He says they don't have to tell you that 2 really means 1:30 and then tells me he KICKS out customers at 2 and he reserves the right to serve whenever he pleases! now there is an owner who knows how to treat customers I am going to tell anyone who cares about this little aggravation in life

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Mike B

Longview, Texas
“Never a Bad Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I've eaten at Fritz's several times over the years and I've never had a bad meal. On the contrary, they are usually excellent! The wait/server staff is excellent. They never fail to answer questions or make perfect suggestions if asked. They have a good wine selection and, along with the usual domestic beers, sometime have an interesting beer or two on tap. Fritz runs a great restaurant. The only downside is that the noise level can sometimes make conversation difficult, especially if you're in a larger group.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Texas
“Don't judge by the outside, it's what's inside that counts.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was looking for a restaurant to celebrate my husband and my anniversary. I wanted something different. I looked on Trip Advisor and was intrigued by this place. My husband and I decided to try it. When we arrived, we looked at it warily because the outside would not encourage you to go in, but once you enter, it is entirely different. It isn't a very big place, but the seating is good, decor is more vintage, but there are two main attractions that make the place great.

1. The food was wonderful. Steak, seafood, and pasta, and wonderful specials. Based on the reviews, we started with the Shrimp Toast. Absolutely the best appetizer I've had in a long time. My husband had the crabmeat manicotti. I had the red fish in a creamy crawfish sauce with wild rice. Both came with a salad, there was bread, and both entrees were equally delicious. Even though we were quite full, we rounded out the meal with a piece of Tiramisu that we shared and coffee. The tiramisu was not the very best that I've ever had, but it was good. The service was excellent.

2. No one under 18 is allowed in. I think this is fabulous There are lots of other family restaurants. This is a great place for couples who are celebrating a special day or are having a date night. I have children and see nothing wrong with this.

Oh...did I mention the service was excellent? And the prices are reasonable! We would eat here again!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank EastTexan23
Longview, Texas
“Try one of the specials!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Fritz's has a nice, compact regular menu, and their specials are awesome! Crab manicotti!! They have nice desserts, too. Due to some local smoking ordinances, no one under 18 is allowed in the restaurant, but the dining area is non-smoking.

Visited January 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Wow what a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant in Longview!! It has a special charm about it and the food is amazing.if you haven't been here you must go. 5 stars!!!

• Visited August 2012